Author Topic: Where to go next mc cormack  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Fatfinger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where to go next mc cormack
« on: Friday 27 July 18 22:17 BST (UK) »
 Mccormacks help needed have fathers birth and baptismal cert born in Tullamor workhouse can I trace records for any schooling he had or who was his legal guardian as he was never adopted seems he got passed around a little bit born 1925 mother mary McCormack anybody that can give me any help would be great
Thankyou

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go next mc cormack
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 July 18 22:33 BST (UK) »
It may be a help for others helping to know where in the world 'Tullamor' was, where 'father' was born & any other details you know please?

This saves people having to use 'google' if they know where they're looking?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 July 18 00:19 BST (UK) »
Tullamore, Co. Offaly, Ireland. Possibly.
It's unlikely you will find any thing regards school etc. as 1925 is too recent.
Do you know if he was brought up by family or placed in orphanage?
Do you know anything more about his mother?

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 July 18 00:44 BST (UK) »
Sinann,

I did find it on 'google' although it's good if people give areas as we don't have world maps in our heads & having to 'google' to find places which could be given in the post would be very helpful to all/anyone wishing to help people.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Fatfinger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 July 18 06:33 BST (UK) »
Tullamore co offaly a workhouse there where he spent his earlier days we don't know his mother mary mc cormack was working in a big house in Cloneyhurke portarlington that was the address for her no age so to pinpoint mary is hard but we would like to know who was his guardians or responsible for him, he did spend some time with a woman who seems to have been a spinster and she died when he was quite young surely there must be somewhere I can find something out as he kept his original name and was never adopted to anyone it's like he was sent from billy to jack

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 July 18 10:12 BST (UK) »
You say you have his baptisim, could you check with the same church if they have Communion or Confirmation records for him?

Your search is in that period covered by data protection so very little other than marriages and deaths is online, added to the fact the search is for a young boy living in an unknown place with unknown people.

Offaly County Libary have records from the Workhouse but from what I could see they don't cover the period you need. It might be worth contacting them.

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Tullamore/
https://www.offaly.ie/eng/Services/Libraries/Local-Studies-Archives-Collection/Archives/Our-collections/Local-Government-Archives.html

Offline Fatfinger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 September 18 00:00 BST (UK) »
I have found what I wanted in workhouse records I also now have another to look for
Anne mccormack born 1931 I have copy of birth cert born in workhouse also what do I do with this

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 02 September 18 01:17 BST (UK) »
I have found what I wanted in workhouse records I also now have another to look for
Anne mccormack born 1931 I have copy of birth cert born in workhouse also what do I do with this
Is Anne McCormack alive or do you know that she is deceased? We are not allowed to name people who may be alive.
Cowban

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 September 18 01:19 BST (UK) »
"Anne mccormack born 1931 I have copy of birth cert born in workhouse"

Is she a daughter of Mary too?

We know nothing so far of the person you were originally seeking i.e. what other info. are you looking to find?

Does the person in your original post give a father's name on his marriage?

Annie