Author Topic: Where to go next mc cormack  (Read 7134 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go next mc cormack
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 01:27 BST (UK) »
We are not supposed to post information about people who may be alive.
I've reported to moderator and sent a pm to Fatfinger.
I suggest that this topic be closed and a fresh one be started in the name of  Katherine, (Connor? McCormack?),  the grandmother, whom it is safe for us to pursue.
Cowban

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 07:18 BST (UK) »
We are not supposed to post information about people who may be alive.
I've reported to moderator and sent a pm to Fatfinger.
I suggest that this topic be closed and a fresh one be started in the name of  Katherine, (Connor? McCormack?),  the grandmother, whom it is safe for us to pursue.

Unless I am on the wrong track, it would be the daughter b 1931 who is the person who may be alive.
Since nothing is yet known about her - where she went etc, it seems very difficult to trace her at the moment.
It seems that now, Fatfinger has given a bit more information re Mary’s family who may be Stephen McCormick and Kate/Katherine Connor.
Is it necessary to close this one and start a new one?  We can just try to track them.
However, FF, do you already know their background?
Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 07:32 BST (UK) »

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 05 September 18 07:47 BST (UK) »
This could well be Mary

The marriage I posted was Mary McCormack and James Doyle - he was from Newbridge.

Death of Mary Doyle, Sallins (near Newbridge) - the informant is  her daughter.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1954/04442/4161593.pdf

As Maiden Stone has pointed out, there is a possibility that the daughter could still be living so that affects naming her in posts.

Offline Fatfinger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 06 September 18 11:47 BST (UK) »
I want to thank everyone who helped I have tracked down everyone I was looking for all dead except maybe Anne who if alive would be 87 now .Mary my dads mother died 1954 she was a widow at the time of death her husband was James Doyle their marraige was in 1938 so Mary would have been 48 I would like to know if anyone can help find a death record for him and also if Anne still alive am I allowed look for any marraige records for her
Thankyou

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 06 September 18 15:54 BST (UK) »
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

Has deaths and to 1966 and Marriages to 1941.
Therefore James’ death should be there but I can’t see it. When I looked there is one in Naas district but when you open it, it is a Dublin sheet and obviously no James.
You can try yourself.
The marriages are too early but Family Search https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1408347 has indexes to 1958. Again, I looked for a marriage but no luck but you must check yourself.
Other than that, I can only think of local records- church or family history but the information may be too sensitive.
All good wishes
Heywood

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 06 September 18 18:33 BST (UK) »

Death of Mary Doyle, Sallins (near Newbridge) - the informant is  her daughter.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1954/04442/4161593.pdf

As Maiden Stone has pointed out, there is a possibility that the daughter could still be living so that affects naming her in posts.

According to Mary's death certificate she was widow of a "Fitter C.I.E". I think it's C.I.E. unless it's C.J.E. ?
 C.I.E. = Irish public transport system? (Can't remember the Irish for it.) If James worked for C.I.E. there may be record of his employment and he might have had a works pension if he lived past retirement age or Mary a widow's pension from C.I.E.. If there had been dependent children when James died, it may have been noted on his records. (I have to say that I know nothing about C.I.E. pensions or about where to find records. Will they be in National Archives of Ireland?)

Mary and her daughter were at same address at time of Mary's death. Are voters' registers available for that place from that time onwards, or any other records which might show occupancy? If there are they may show if any of the family lived there after Mary's death.

Edit. This Mary was a different Mary Doyle,  not widow of James Doyle after all.
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 06 September 18 19:06 BST (UK) »
I want to thank everyone who helped I have tracked down everyone I was looking for all dead except maybe Anne who if alive would be 87 now .Mary my dads mother died 1954 she was a widow at the time of death her husband was James Doyle their marraige was in 1938 so Mary would have been 48 I would like to know if anyone can help find a death record for him and also if Anne still alive am I allowed look for any marraige records for her
Thankyou

Pleased to know that you managed to find what you were seeking.

An alternative method of searching for marriages of Catholics in 20th century is to find the person's baptism. It's hit & miss. From 1909 onwards, if a baptised Catholic married in a Catholic church, a note of the marriage was added to baptism entry (in some cases). It's dependent on baptism parish being notified of the marriage and the baptism register being available to look at.
However the baptism and potential marriage you're interested in are comparitively recent in family history terms and are covered by privacy rules.

Cowban

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 06 September 18 20:23 BST (UK) »
Córas Iompair Éireann
Would a fitter be buses or trains?
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=723710.0
http://www.irrs.ie/Common%20Files/archiveCIE.htm I just skipped through it but they might be the people to ask although they are the Railway Record Society
address here
http://www.askaboutireland.ie/reading-room/culturenet/archives/dublin/irish-railway-record-soci/