Author Topic: Help to find my Dad please, Peterhead  (Read 2787 times)

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
Re: Help to find my Dad please, Peterhead
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 July 18 16:02 BST (UK) »

Thanks, I have his birth certificate, his dad died in WW1. Arthur Lisburne, his step dad was the probable bigamist changing his name from Flatman to evade discovery.

Ok I originally was reading Flatman as Hettie's maiden name  ::) ::) ::) so thanks for claifiying  :)

Arthur Burnett Flatman
[Arthur Burnett Lisburne] died 9 Clyde Road Wallington Surrey
Death 31 Mar 1955 Plymouth
Probate Date:   16 May 1955
to William Arthur John West Chargeman Electrical fitters
It’s quite a complicated story, but it’s my dad’s younger life that I have no idea about. I only knew that for some reason he had some education in Scotland and lived in Peterhead for a while, I didn’t have a clue he was with his parents there. Maybe this is where they were school caretakers.
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 July 18 16:13 BST (UK) »
I've tried the Aberdeen City and Former Counties of Aberdeenshire, Scotland, Electoral Registers, 1832-1976 again with surname LISBURNE but it's only the 1935 entry that comes up with
William and his family  ???

Fingers crossed that some one else might be able to find his whereabouts on an Electoral Register , also tried the free search of 1939 register but can't spot Hettie or William either

What was William's exact date of birth?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 July 18 16:38 BST (UK) »
I've tried the Aberdeen City and Former Counties of Aberdeenshire, Scotland, Electoral Registers, 1832-1976 again with surname LISBURNE but it's only the 1935 entry that comes up with
William and his family  ???

Fingers crossed that some one else might be able to find his whereabouts on an Electoral Register , also tried the free search of 1939 register but can't spot Hettie or William either

What was William's exact date of birth?
It’s frustrating, the electoral records are only five yearly so they fall into the 1935 window, but had moved by 1940 I am surmising. My dad’s dob was 25/02/1914. I may resort to ringing Peterhead library now I know he lived there. There is a newspaper article from Aberdeen Press and Journal relating a story of a musical event with a WA Lisburne as an entertainer. But another article refers to a Walter Lisburne playing guitar (can’t afford FindMyPast credits at present), my dad had dance bands in Plymouth, Could Walter be an error. Oh well the research goes on.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 July 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
What information do you hope to obtain from Peterhead library? The Press & Journal archives are available to search at Aberdeen City Library.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 29 July 18 19:33 BST (UK) »
I hope there maybe some other records pertaining to residents or school records. There are a couple of newspaper articles as I previously mentioned ,but they will have to wait until payday.
There may be directories or other local information.Also I live in Cornwall, about as far away as you can get.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 30 July 18 07:06 BST (UK) »
Your local library service has free access to historical newspapers

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mfo/
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Archivos

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 30 July 18 12:18 BST (UK) »
I hope there maybe some other records pertaining to residents or school records. There are a couple of newspaper articles as I previously mentioned ,but they will have to wait until payday.
There may be directories or other local information.Also I live in Cornwall, about as far away as you can get.
School records are held at Aberdeen City & Aberdeenshire Archives (www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/archives), and their catalogue is at https://archives.aberdeencity.gov.uk/CalmView/ where you can search for lists of records available. You can then contact the Archives and they'll be able to advise on how the records can be accessed.  They're not available in digital format.