Author Topic: Thomas Spratt c.1803  (Read 3307 times)

Offline kjmck

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Spratt c.1803
« on: Sunday 29 July 18 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have posted before about this man with no luck but wanted to give it one more shot.

His name was Thomas Spratt, he died 1st April 1868 in Campbeltown, Argyllshire, Scotland aged 65. His parents were listed as Thomas Spratt (Soldier - Deceased) & Rose Durnan. He married Isabella Gillies on 10th June 1841 in Campbeltown.

He was previously married in Ireland to a Mary Carberry (Maiden name under debate), and they had Margaret in 1833, Thomas in 1836 and potentially Honora in 1826.

Thomas had a child called Robert Spratt in 1855 in Campbeltown, and under the details listed for the father it says

'Thomas Spratt
Agricultural Labourer
52 Years
County Fermanagh'

Is there any way of finding any more info on the Spratt's in Ireland before Thomas came over to Scotland, based on the info I have given including his parent's names and his father's occupation as a Soldier?

Thank you!

Keelan

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Spratt c.1803
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 July 18 19:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have posted before about this man with no luck but wanted to give it one more shot.

His name was Thomas Spratt, he died 1st April 1868 in Campbeltown, Argyllshire, Scotland aged 65. His parents were listed as Thomas Spratt (Soldier - Deceased) & Rose Durnan. He married Isabella Gillies on 10th June 1841 in Campbeltown.

He was previously married in Ireland to a Mary Carberry (Maiden name under debate), and they had Margaret in 1833, Thomas in 1836 and potentially Honora in 1826.

Thomas had a child called Robert Spratt in 1855 in Campbeltown, and under the details listed for the father it says

'Thomas Spratt
Agricultural Labourer
52 Years
County Fermanagh'

Is there any way of finding any more info on the Spratt's in Ireland before Thomas came over to Scotland, based on the info I have given including his parent's names and his father's occupation as a Soldier?

Thank you!

Keelan

Can't be bothered going from one thread to the next and then to the next but how do you know  he was previously married in Ireland to a Mary Carberry?

Is the source for this on one of the other threads??

Also, have you checked Church registers on http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/fermanagh/index.htm  ?

Maybe one of the others threads might say you have.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.