Author Topic: Wilsher blood line, Nottingham, Joseph Wilsher  (Read 34739 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wilsher blood line, Nottingham, Joseph Wilsher
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 19 August 18 18:41 BST (UK) »
Hi again, what have you found re Margaret ( Maggie) Chesman b 1907 was she married?
Also interesting  Chesman birth possibles 1936 Nottingham, a marriage in 1956 Nottingham to a Varley?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 19 August 18 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi again, what have you found re Margaret ( Maggie) Chesman b 1907 was she married?
Also interesting  Chesman birth possibles 1936 Nottingham, a marriage in 1956 Nottingham to a Varley?
Keyboard86

Not a great deal, my aunty has a photo of her which I seen about 3 days ago, they all thought of her as their grandmother, with her bring Joseph Wilsher-1929 up... They all just called her Maggie, she ended up living with a women called Margo, she also was meant to had worked the market. Her relationship with Joseph Wilsher-1907 Atb is unknown.

Other then that she is mystery to me.

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 19 August 18 19:58 BST (UK) »
8 Fairham Storer-street, Nottingham 1939... Joseph Wilsher 1907 atb, the red dot is not the house, some one sent me this map tho.

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 20 August 18 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

This could be the two Wiltshire’s that you are talking about, Old Joe sounds just like one of the old Barrow Boys, Street Traders, Hawking Fruit, I have records of other People around Nottingham, with the same names that you write about, local Wiltshires, in my researchers, in Town Village and City i have come across Wilshaws Willshires Wilshers Welshires who are just locals, these two Josephs below are quite tame, also they live at the same address, for some time to, you said the Wiltshire’s you write about were three generations out of the travelling times, there are families of local Wiltshire’s I have researched, the people you write about may also be just locals, you say you have read my posts, in them you will of read of many Josephs and Henrys, they are all around Camp sites and moving about often in big Family units with several wagons, some have shops in Nottingham as Marine Store Dealers, if you can connect back to these people that woman of mystery who said these two Josephs below came out of the older travelling Wiltshire’s may well be telling the truth, but again they are well tame especially the older Joseph, but like you say three generations is a long time, you never know i am sure you have much to tell, you have to be careful tho about what somone is suposed to have said yeares ago, there are people out there who tottaly fabricate storys, twist them for all kinds of reasons, just be careful, trust in the truth, its a great story, you have worked hard and collected much information, you are doing a fine job, you say you was never told anything about anything, evan if you find things, evan if things that you research turn out to be true, true again, it will always be just written records of the past, how will you ever understand, evan the greatest of researchers in this time as well as the past fail right at that moment when they think their hands are full.

Every thing I have gone off in my research, is from my father the son of Joseph Henry Wilsher 1929.
Joseph Henry Wilsher-1929/my  father stated seeing a black and white photo of so called traveller ancestors held by Maggie... Its believed to be 2-3 generations before my gran* father. Maggie was meant too of said the traveller ancestors were living in wooden caravans and would deal in carpets and horses.

That said Joseph Wilsher 1907 atb is mostly unknown even to my father. Joseph Wilsher 1907 atb was meant to be a heavy drinker, a hawker/barrel boy and be unable to read/write. His child hood is a total mystery, as for his father the only scrap of information I have, is there was meant to be a tradition of calling their first born boy Joseph, if that is true then I would believe Joseph Wilsher atb1907 father to also be called Joseph.

I have always been told stories growing up of my past being travellers,  I want to bring truth to any or all of what I can find with facts. I have ordered a DNA ancestry kit, hoping this will shed more light on the subject. By the end of it all, I do not care the out come but want to know the unknown of my past.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 20 August 18 15:50 BST (UK) »
Hi again, it could be worthwhile looking at the marriage of Charles A Chesman to Margaret O'Brien March qtr 1929 Nottingham 7b 658 and the 1911 of a Maggie O'BRYAN aged 5 b Nottingham in Leicestershire.
Could be Maggie?
Keyboard86

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 08:25 BST (UK) »
 Any one come across this Joseph Wiltshire the Wardrobe Dealer ????

I discounted him in the past but one thing keeps jumping out at me-Occupation:Wardrobe Dealer. On the birth certificate of Joseph Wilsher 1929 and death certificate of Joseph Wilsher 1928, it states Laura Grogan formerly Waddingham occupation as a wardrobe dealer.

It has made me wonder, if Laura worked for the father of Joseph Wilsher atb 1907, Joseph Wiltshire the Wardrobe dealer still seems alive in 1925, Laura and Joseph 1907 atb had their first child in 1928. So its fair to believe he may still be alive and working at that time. Also from what I can see in news reports it has him as a hawker also.

When I get more free time I will have to look more in this area.

Name:
Joseph Wiltshire

Publication Year:

Address:
6a G-edling street

Residence Place:
Nottinghamshire, England

Wardrobe Dealer

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi again, it could be worthwhile looking at the marriage of Charles A Chesman to Margaret O'Brien March qtr 1929 Nottingham 7b 658 and the 1911 of a Maggie O'BRYAN aged 5 b Nottingham in Leicestershire.
Could be Maggie?
Keyboard86

Could I ask just when "Maggie" died and under what surname, as I believe the Charles Alfred Chesman married the lady living with him in 1939 Nottingham in 1974, her name was Lilian/Lily Frearson?
Keyboard86

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 16:37 BST (UK) »
Could be Maggie?
Keyboard86

Could I ask just when "Maggie" died and under what surname, as I believe the Charles Alfred Chesman married the lady living with him in 1939 Nottingham in 1974, her name was Lilian/Lily Frearson?
Keyboard86

Hi,

Yesterday I was given a number of letters writing by a Margo, dated 1981-1993, this Margo is who Maggie ended up living with... Margo was meant to be her family, the letters talk about how Maggie was doing and general chat.

So I believe her to still be alive late 80s-90s.

I have sent a letter to the address in hopes the Margo is still alive and living in the same house, it's a long shot.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 17:01 BST (UK) »
 :) Good idea to write to the address, I would point out that the father of Maggie O'bryan in 1911 Leicester was a Hawker
Keyboard86