Author Topic: Wilsher blood line, Nottingham, Joseph Wilsher  (Read 35233 times)

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilsher blood line, Nottingham, Joseph Wilsher
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday 28 April 21 01:42 BST (UK) »
Oh thanks Michael,

Had been in touch with Mr Constance.

I now have Rose Scamp-Kemp in my tree married to Thomas Lee
B:1760 Chatham, Kent, England.

Yelding was also the name of one of Gilderoy Scamp's partners - though she may have had other names?

"Katherine Scamp (born Yelding) was born in 1810. Katherine married Gilderoy Scamp."

https://www.myheritage.com/names/kitty_scamp

Now Emmett could be a very interesting find, if the name is associated with Hilden in any way. I have seen the Emmett name in my tree.

And also those Baileys of Kent - I have no proof that my Baileys are Romany, only that my 4th great aunt Sarah Bailey married into the Romany Friend family - which ultimately connects me to the Kentish Gimber-Lee family, 'Ronnie', my major Romany cousin.

Will update :)
Lee, Fountain, Stevens, Kemp

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday 28 April 21 19:00 BST (UK) »
Possible mother for Elvie Hilden - unconfirmed:

Mary Hilden

B:25 May 1914

D:24 Mar 2005 Kent, England

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday 28 April 21 19:34 BST (UK) »

Now back in this tree is a  Martha Bailey 1779–1852 Rolvenden Kent
Philadelthea Bailey 1806–1870 Rolvenden Kent
and a William Bailey 1773–1850 these may be of innterst to you and i am sure you know them, but the Baileys are true living down the Kent way and i share old dna in this day with the Cousin match above known as the Englishman, it is right at the end of Ancestrys range but it is still alive in me in this day, there are more names in this tree, i hope you have learned evan a little or evan at that found such things innteresting, i will keep looking for things for you, from your last message it seems to that we both share Cousin matches in this day, how about that then, i will look for more.

michael

Rolvenden is some 27 miles from Chatham where I have links to in my tree, so these Baileys could well be related to mine but probably not that closely - do we know if the Rolvenden Baileys were Romany please?

Many thanks.

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: Thursday 29 April 21 12:33 BST (UK) »

I have another match this time it’s a Straight down the line Male Gardiner
Not the ones I have wrote of before, but with this Gardiner we both share 39 matches all again from the old Gipsy Family's the Hilden connection is from

Jack Hilden Plumstead Kent
1906–1985

Who  weds

Brittania Eastwood Dartford Kent
1911–2008

The Boswells Scamps Dightons Lees and more are on in this tree.

Hi Michael,

Landed on a Gardiner Tree at Ancestry - he has the same Edward Lee spouse name as me - this will be connected to my paternal Bailey cousin-line:-

Barbara Anne Cannon aka Collison...Romany

B: . .1774 Brest, Belarus

D: .08.1864 Tent, in Victoria, Park Bethnal, Green, London, England

There is also a Celia Lee in the Gardiner tree:

Celia Lee

B:16 Mar 1901 Belvedere, Kent, England

D:3 Oct 1964 SE 18

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: Thursday 29 April 21 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

What about just asking the man who goes by the name the English man, he is dna matched to me and as the Baileys in his tree, you said you have spoken to him before, do you want me to write to him, i will do that for you if it would be of help, i am not knowledgeable at all on the peoples you write about, i am learning much though and taking everything in, well i am trying to, i have about four male Gardiners as dna matches or maybe five i forgot but they are one of those old Family's by the look of their Family history and just like the Scamps they hold the Indian dna between them, in my mind it is clear that those two Family's are from the old Romany Peoples who first landed long ago, how and where i do not know but through me looking at my own dna matches which go well into the hundreds, well again i can plainly see the Gardiners and Scamps possess old Romany Gipsy genes in this day, i just found another Scamp match last night, She does not give much away but a few photos that link her to the Gipsy's and the Indian dna and many many shared dna matches with lots of the Old Names, She comes out of the Loves and Scamps Family's from down that South way,
 i think Her Mother was Mary Scamp 1937–1997 Dartford, Kent r.i.p She is a Cousin match through shared dna with me in the 4th to sixth range, i do not know why though, or evan a maybe, not a clue of any of this information, its hard for me to help you for i do not know of any of these names yet i seem to have strong links from the old times with the descendants of the old Gipsy's from the South, the Lee Family i have strong old links to with born and bred Lees Male and Females to, from the South coast right through Wales to, why though, the Stanley's are a big match to but the Young's are many like the Lees, i wonder who are or who his the old Ancestor who gave me all these dna matches to the old Gipsy's in this day, you think you are looking for something and it is a struggle for you, well look at me, i don't evan have a clue about my own Ancestry regarding my dna Cousin matches, i understand about the names i know from up my way but the South and more America then the Hearnes from Wales and the greatest of them the mighty Herons from the Northern lands, you have got to admit all this is a mystery that will never be solved, never, did you ever hear of them Jewell's to i think i spelled the name right, there famous in the old writings i may have spelt that name wrong but i dna match to them to, and now last night to a Swedish Family with not a drop of my British way ancestry they have now matched to me, they all play the accordion from long years, well i thought i would look through their Family photos and there was an old Relation with is name printed so i looked up his name on the internet and His old Family was from the old Romany that went to Sweden there is just a flicker of the South Asian left in them that Ancestry gives through their tests the rest from those cold lands not a drop of those lands are in me but i share old dna with these accordion players, i will show you a link to the oldest of them maybe tomorrow, i will keep trying to see things for you, i do read your posts and try and find things but i can not write of what i have not found, but i will try.

michael

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: Thursday 29 April 21 20:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks Michael,

Have again in fact written to Mr Constance - 'Englishman' - he surely knows more about the Bailey family than I do.

I do know that Romanies were transported to Scandinavia by the Tudors, but they thrived & adapted; and married into the local nomadic people - the Saami. I have a dna match to a Saami through his cousin.

The Bailey name is also amongst Scottish Travellers as Baillie, that is something I am also following up; I have 9% Scottish ancestry. Am pretty sure the Romany Youngs were originally from Scotland as well. Baillie Travellers have links to Ireland also.

Can you see people's trees on the Ancestry site please?

Many kind thanks :)

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: Friday 30 April 21 06:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Michael,

Have again in fact written to Mr Constance - 'Englishman' - he surely knows more about the Bailey family than I do.

I do know that Romanies were transported to Scandinavia by the Tudors, but they thrived & adapted; and married into the local nomadic people - the Saami. I have a dna match to a Saami through his cousin.

The Bailey name is also amongst Scottish Travellers as Baillie, that is something I am also following up; I have 9% Scottish ancestry. Am pretty sure the Romany Young's were originally from Scotland as well. Baillie Travellers have links to Ireland also.

Can you see people's trees on the Ancestry site please?

Many kind thanks :)

Hi

I just found a dna match who links the South Gipsy's with the baillies of Scotland i just spelt the name how you said baillie instead of Bailey and a person with Gipsy Ancestry from the south also as the baillies of Scotland in their tree from the 1600s, i do not see no ones trees only some of my matches let you see a few generations in their profile then i get around this by looking on the world map under their name for offten some of them put the names of their Ancestors on the map with locations of origin like Scotland, so then i use this to see the bigger picture, this way though you do not know which line the person in the map is from, like the Baillies above, my match as Gipsy's on one line as in side as in either Mother or Father, but the baillies go back to the 1600s so i can not see which side they are from because my match only shows back to the 1800s, you must write to them to join their group if they let you, so i have to look on their map of Relatives to find a few more free bits, some people tell you nothing not nothing, only that you match, the Young's from Sotland are two Young's i was told, you have the Tinker Young's and the Black Young's or Dark Young's, the Dark Young's are the Herons and the Tinker Young's are the old Tinkler Family's, i do not know if this is totally correct i was just listening to others talk and reading things over the yeares, but i do think their are two Young Family's from the North but do not take my word for such things for i do not know of the real talk.

michael

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: Friday 30 April 21 14:01 BST (UK) »

I just found a dna match who links the South Gipsy's with the baillies of Scotland i just spelt the name how you said baillie instead of Bailey and a person with Gipsy Ancestry from the south also as the baillies of Scotland in their tree from the 1600s

michael

Thanks Michael - is your dna match on Ancestry, do they have a tree please?

I do match a Scottish Baillie of centuries ago, in someone's tree - so they are a distant cousin to me; but I don't know what the link is to the southern Baileys.

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: Friday 30 April 21 14:19 BST (UK) »
I match a Janet Baillie, born 14th November 1749, Lanarkshire, Scotland.

Janet is in the tree of my 5th-8th cousin Daniel C, on Ancestry.