Author Topic: Forbes Family  (Read 850 times)

Offline Chalm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Forbes Family
« Reply #27 on: Friday 25 January 19 19:59 GMT (UK) »
I've been trying unsuccessfully to find out more information about George who was only left 1 in the will. We were trying to think of a reason why poor George didn't get more like his 2 brothers. I haven't yet been successful in moving forward on this with his birth or death certificate. The will was very unfair - poor George!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Forbes Family
« Reply #28 on: Friday 08 March 19 11:30 GMT (UK) »
I've been trying unsuccessfully to find out more information about George who was only left 1 in the will. We were trying to think of a reason why poor George didn't get more like his 2 brothers. I haven't yet been successful in moving forward on this with his birth or death certificate. The will was very unfair - poor George!

How do you know the Will was unfair? perhaps George had already been supplied with funds (education?, apprenticeship?, business?, was foster child raised by Forbes family, etc.) and is was felt he had received his fair share.
Reasons for parental disapproval might include intemperance, religious differences, lifestyle, choice of profession or girlfriend/wife...
Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.