Author Topic: Re: Kidd families  (Read 2012 times)

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kidd families
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 15:18 BST (UK) »

My grandfather was Thomas Kidd. Lived in Brookeborough, County Fermanagh. He Died 14 years ago aged 86. He had a sister called Harriet who moved to Brooklyn NY. She married and became Franklin. All I've got but would appreciate any help with this

How firm is the information you have given? For example, a Thomas David Kidd was born to parents Thomas Irvine Kidd and Rachel Elizabeth Dunne of Corralongford townland, just NE of Brookeborough, but some years earlier than your indicated birth year:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1912/01471/1599521.pdf

The same couple also had a daughter Harriet Lila Kidd in 1918, but she went on to marry a John Aichinger in Belfast in 1942, the couple had a son in Northern Ireland and Harriett and the son sailed to New York in 1946, but from what I can see, they lived in Illinois.  (Harriett died in 2002.)

So, a bit different to your information, can these folk be eliminated?

Harriett's obit names POB and parents

Forest Leaves
River Forest, Illinois 
Wednesday, June 19th, 2002

Obit: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mfw/

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 15:54 BST (UK) »

My grandfather was Thomas Kidd. Lived in Brookeborough, County Fermanagh. He Died 14 years ago aged 86. He had a sister called Harriet who moved to Brooklyn NY. She married and became Franklin. All I've got but would appreciate any help with this

How firm is the information you have given? For example, a Thomas David Kidd was born to parents Thomas Irvine Kidd and Rachel Elizabeth Dunne of Corralongford townland, just NE of Brookeborough, but some years earlier than your indicated birth year:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1912/01471/1599521.pdf

The same couple also had a daughter Harriet Lila Kidd in 1918, but she went on to marry a John Aichinger in Belfast in 1942, the couple had a son in Northern Ireland and Harriett and the son sailed to New York in 1946, but from what I can see, they lived in Illinois.  (Harriett died in 2002.)

So, a bit different to your information, can these folk be eliminated?

Harriett's obit names POB and parents

Forest Leaves
River Forest, Illinois 
Wednesday, June 19th, 2002

Obit: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mfw/

I posted a reply (Reply #1) that folk have picked up on,  I think the OP needs to come back with an answer.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 16:05 BST (UK) »

I posted a reply (Reply #1) that folk have picked up on,  I think the OP needs to come back with an answer.

Agreed, especially if OP knows of a middle name for their grandad.

Another outside possibility (but again earlier birth year than OP has suggested), was a Thomas Henry Kidd born to a William Kidd and Charlotte Hamilton at Grogey townland in 1910. Not known if this Thomas also had a sister Harriet, but certainly his mum seems to have been of an age to have possibly had other children after 1911 census.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kidd families
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 July 18 20:19 BST (UK) »
Another outside possibility (but again earlier birth year than OP has suggested), was a Thomas Henry Kidd born to a William Kidd and Charlotte Hamilton at Grogey townland in 1910. Not known if this Thomas also had a sister Harriet, but certainly his mum seems to have been of an age to have possibly had other children after 1911 census.
Charlotte (Hamilton) Kidd had at least 2 children after 1911- see reply #6
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!