Author Topic: Looking for Davidson family from Coatbridge...  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Davidson family from Coatbridge...
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 01:13 BST (UK) »
Ron,

If I have found the correct person you wrote to, he would've been born 1940s (from memory)?

Good Luck with it & I hope you get a response one way or another i.e. interested/not interested?
I hope you included all your details, address, phone, email & hopefully he has an interest in Genealogy!

I have been lucky in the past with 2 direct phone calls although not always advised but luckily I got a good response both times!
I got a response through social media for another but it went quiet for some reason or other so I just left things incase something had happened at the other end  :-\

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline R Crossett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 02:28 BST (UK) »
I gave the person (male or female) all the names you and Rosie gave me, but I gave my name, address and phone, however I forgot to give my Facebook name... Since I am also born in 1946, I think that was a senior moment Lol
 How are you able to stay up so late.. Pay better ?? LOL

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 06:42 BST (UK) »
I gave the person (male or female) all the names you and Rosie gave me, but I gave my name, address and phone, however I forgot to give my Facebook name... Since I am also born in 1946, I think that was a senior moment Lol

Fingers crossed there will be some connection and they will get in touch  :D

Rosie

Offline JAneLD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 01 November 18 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I am related to Chrissie Davidson. My great grandfather or grandfather was her brother.

My dad and his brother and sister were brought up in Dundyvan Road, known as the “slap up”. I have a bit of info on them.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 01 November 18 13:26 GMT (UK) »
How are you able to stay up so late.. Pay better ?? LOL

I'm not usually home until after 10pm & doing genealogy is a good way to wind down in the quiet of the night but I can also do washing/cooking etc. which doesn't affect my next door neighbour  ;)

I'd love to be able to come home & fall asleep there & then but it's impossible.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline R Crossett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 01 November 18 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi.. Thanks for the message… I am Ron Crossett, My Grandmother was Maggie Davidson She was the daughter of (I believe)Robert Davidson and Marion Kerr.. Maggie had several brothers and sisters. One of them was a Chrissy.. I am 71 years old and I remember being with this Chrissy several times when I was a young boy.. I am pretty sure she then had moved to and lived in Toronto Canada.. There was a son named Robert Boscol?? Who stayed in the Coatbridge area.. I believe Chrissy and Maggie had other Brothers and Sisters but I cannot recall their names.. Maggie and husband George Crossett had I think 7 children who all eventually settled in Turtle Creek in Pennsylvania, U.S. They would all  be Chrissy’s Nieces and Nephews.. If any of this sounds familiar then we would certainly have some family tie.. Let me know what you can if you would… Thanks.. it would be fantastic if we had common relatives

Offline JAneLD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 01 November 18 15:33 GMT (UK) »
I have had a wee look at the info I have. Chrissie and Margaret would have been my great aunts. Their brother William Kerr Davidson was my grandfather. I never knew him, he died in 1947. There were 8 children born to Robert Davidson and Marion Kerr. Robert was an engine keeper and was born in Dalrymple Ayrshire. His parents were John Davidson and Jane Dalziel who were both born in Ireland. Marion was born in 1856 in Coatbridge and her parents were Elizabeth Anderson or Lawrie and William Kerr - he was born in Thornhill Dumfries.

chrissie married Bowskill and Margaret married Crosslet - Turtle Creek seems to have been a popular destination of this part of the family.

I am currently looking into this part of my family and happy to share info - not sure how that is accomplished off line.

Your post crossing over with this one

Children of Robert and Marion are : John,Elizabeth, Jane, Marion, Christina, Joseph, Margaret. In 1891 the family were living at 15 Sunnyside Road Coatbridge. Robert died in 1912 aged 59 and Marion died in 1919 aged 63.

Offline R Crossett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 01 November 18 16:09 GMT (UK) »
This is so fantastic... we are of the same family.. Hi Cousin !!! LOL The names you give and addresses you mentioned are the same as the ones I have in my records... .. I posted once before looking for Crossetts in Scotland.. Seems I have a Crossett Decendant in Canada for that post and there is in the Telephone book i think in Coatbridge a R. Crossett that I wrote to but never got a reply... then I posted for Davidsons and got your reply.. My thinking was that there had to be some family left over your way...Thanks for the proper spellings of some names..  The move to Turtle Creek was for work.. A fellow named George Westinghouse was starting new manufacturing plants and a great portion of the new workers came from our family's area... My Grandfather came over here with his 2 oldest children. Marion and Joseph, then several years later Maggie came here with the rest of their children... I am not sure when Chrissy went to Canada though but she was a very nice lady. she was thin and not very tall... I beleive I might have some pictures of them and maybe Her son Robert also.... Somewhere LOL.. If you are willing to share your name, age and location and some info about yourself that would be great too... I have email if it could be beneficial... RGCrossett@comcast.net and I am from Irwin Pennsylvania U.S. a small town near Pittsburgh.. This is so much fun to learn of you and the family connection... Ron (there is a way to communicate here without posting but I am not familiar...

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 11 November 18 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane & welcome to Rootschat  ;)

Great to see Ron has found a connection.

I'm unsure if you need 2 or 3 posts on here to be able to send/receive PMs i.e. one more post here just saying 'Hi' would do then you can use the button on the left under Ron's name which looks like a paper scroll to send private messages.

Annie