Author Topic: FindMyPast DNA  (Read 7688 times)

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FindMyPast DNA
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 01 November 18 14:53 GMT (UK) »
The open BETA of Family Networks was due to start in Q4 i.e. in October as mentioned in their August blog.

https://www.livingdna.com/blog/346-august-2018-living-dna-product-updates

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 01 November 18 15:19 GMT (UK) »
I also uploaded my DNA to livingdna in August. I wasn't expecting matches before Q4 2018, as stated on their site, but I thought that some basic results, i.e. ethnicity (supposedly much better for UK testers) would be available sooner.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 01 November 18 15:48 GMT (UK) »
I also uploaded my DNA to livingdna in August. I wasn't expecting matches before Q4 2018, as stated on their site, but I thought that some basic results, i.e. ethnicity (supposedly much better for UK testers) would be available sooner.

Regards Margaret
They only stopped accepting DNA uploads for their pure sample 4 grandparent in one area matches for Scotland/Ireland and other parts of the world study, on I think 1st October, so it is going to take them time to analyse all those samples and put together new ethnicity algorithms.

Offline mgeneas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 01 November 18 18:45 GMT (UK) »
My four grandparents would not be very helpful to them. They were all born in the the same town, but the parents, grandparents of 2 of them came from far distant parts of England.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 01 November 18 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Mgeneas, I'm the same, and I often wonder how many times the four of them bumped into each other before they all became involved in the same family.  At one time my two great grandmothers live within 100 yards of each other. As far as I know they never met.

Martin

Offline PrawnCocktail

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 04 November 18 09:22 GMT (UK) »
Can't even get into see My Test on the Living DNA site now, I log into the site, click on My Test - and get returned to the log-in page!

Not a good start!

??? ???
Website: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~towcesterfamilies/genealogy/
Towcester - anything, any time
Cheshire - Lambert, Houghland, Birtwisle
Liverpool - Platt, Cunningham, Ditton
London - Notley, Elsom, Billett
Oxfordshire - Hitchcock, Smith, Leonard, Taunt
Durham - Hepburn, Eltringham
Berwickshire - Guthrie, Crawford
Somerset - Taylor (Bath)
Gloucestershire - Verrinder, Colborn
Dorset - Westlake

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 04 November 18 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Can't even get into see My Test on the Living DNA site now, I log into the site, click on My Test - and get returned to the log-in page!

Not a good start!

??? ???

It could be because of the browser you are using as back in September Living DNA were having browser trouble and I had to change my browser to be able to see my results that I had previously been able to see no problem.

When I queried it with them this is the gist of what they said

Sorry to hear you have received the message error 100. An error has been identified in the browser you are currently using for Living DNA. Our technical team are currently investigating this. 

To get the best out of your Living DNA portal we advise you use either Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox as your browser. It looks as though you have not been using these browsers currently.

Is that (bit in bold) similar to the message you are getting ? What brrowser are you using ?
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 04 November 18 12:12 GMT (UK) »

Not a good start!

??? ???
Working here using Microsoft Edge.

Offline PrawnCocktail

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 04 November 18 13:53 GMT (UK) »

Is that (bit in bold) similar to the message you are getting ? What brrowser are you using ?

No, wasn't getting an error message at all, just being returned to the login page.

Seems to be working now, though, but still no DNA results.
Website: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~towcesterfamilies/genealogy/
Towcester - anything, any time
Cheshire - Lambert, Houghland, Birtwisle
Liverpool - Platt, Cunningham, Ditton
London - Notley, Elsom, Billett
Oxfordshire - Hitchcock, Smith, Leonard, Taunt
Durham - Hepburn, Eltringham
Berwickshire - Guthrie, Crawford
Somerset - Taylor (Bath)
Gloucestershire - Verrinder, Colborn
Dorset - Westlake