Author Topic: Mac an Bheatha  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Mac an Bheatha
« Reply #18 on: Friday 17 August 18 12:55 BST (UK) »
I think it will be a hard task finding a Scottish connection as has been mentioned (lack of paper trail), too far back.

I would have been more convinced if I'd seen what I'd call 'Scottish' names as some of the names in your line could point to anywhere (common names) although you do have a Donald  :D

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Bay89

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mac an Bheatha
« Reply #19 on: Friday 17 August 18 13:25 BST (UK) »
I think it will be a hard task finding a Scottish connection as has been mentioned (lack of paper trail), too far back.

I would have been more convinced if I'd seen what I'd call 'Scottish' names as some of the names in your line could point to anywhere (common names) although you do have a Donald  :D

Annie
It does seem most of the males in my direct line have the names William Robert James Thomas John all seem to be common also looking at the women each one of my direct descendants married while in the colonies America until current all of the female surnames seem to be Scottish or Irish and origin for example my 7th great-grandfather Captain Thomas Bay married Elizabeth Blackburn and his son married a McCandless
BAY; Bayes;Bays