Author Topic: Looking for a grave and cremation location in Allerton Cemetary in Liverpool  (Read 7282 times)

Offline SuperFuzz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi there, I don't know if anyone can help me but I am requesting a grave look up and a cremation look up.

I am trying to find where in Allerton Cemetery (Liverpool, UK), Ellen/Eleanor Page was buried. She was born 3rd Oct 1902 in Liverpool, and died on 24/12/1948 in Liverpool. I am not sure when she was buried but she would probably have been buried in the Catholic section of the cemetery.

For the cremation remains, I am not sure if there would be any record; and so don't know whether it would be possible to find the location. I am looking for my grandfather John Gostage Bibby (born 26th June 1929 in Liverpool), who died on 17th September 1976 in Liverpool, not sure when he was cremated, but his remains were put somewhere in an unmarked cremation area in Allerton.

Thanks so much if you can help!

Offline Dyingout

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father Charles in his hockey playing days
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a grave and cremation location in Allerton Cemetary in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 August 18 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
Most councils have a Cemeteries section
I did a request for a grave near where I live for someone on here a while ago.
I contacted the cemetery office through the website and they sent me the maps and plot number.Even gave directions to find the plot
Liverpool Council Cemetery division is here
https://liverpool.gov.uk/contact-us/service-area/cemeteries-and-crematoria/
Dow/Dowe Norfolk and Suffolk
Mulley/Wilden Suffolk
Loome/lombe Norfolk

Offline SuperFuzz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a grave and cremation location in Allerton Cemetary in Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 August 18 12:21 BST (UK) »
Oh they say I must pay, which is no problem but by postal order, so wouldn't find out the details before my trip next week. Is there any other way to find out?

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 August 18 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hello
I have access to an incomplete listing of Allerton Cemetery inscriptions.  There are several Pages buried in one grave in an RC section but no Ellen or Eleanor.  I think you will have to try the council as advised above, or ask someone to look at the records in the central library.
I suspect it would be difficult to trace the site of cremated remains, unless in a known grave.
[posted while the previous post was appearing.]
A

Offline Dyingout

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father Charles in his hockey playing days
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 August 18 15:12 BST (UK) »
Maybe worth giving them a call on 0151 233 3004 and asking for the cemeteries department
Explain what you hope to find and ask for assistance
They may email you back the info
worth a try if your time limit is close
Dow/Dowe Norfolk and Suffolk
Mulley/Wilden Suffolk
Loome/lombe Norfolk

Offline SuperFuzz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 August 18 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hello
I have access to an incomplete listing of Allerton Cemetery inscriptions.  There are several Pages buried in one grave in an RC section but no Ellen or Eleanor.  I think you will have to try the council as advised above, or ask someone to look at the records in the central library.
I suspect it would be difficult to trace the site of cremated remains, unless in a known grave.
[posted while the previous post was appearing.]
A

She was born Helen/Helena, maybe she used that name? Her maiden name was Horobin.

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 August 18 22:49 BST (UK) »
Sorry, no Horobin on the list I have.  The four Pages listed as  in one RC grave were John Thomas, Joseph, Josephine and Mary.
A

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 05 August 18 23:03 BST (UK) »
She was born Helen/Helena, maybe she used that name? Her maiden name was Horobin.

She married as Ellen Horobin - see freebmd.  No birth registration in 1902 or 1903

Didn't you check freebmd to see what name her death was registered under as that is the name she would be buried as

December qtr 1948 Ellen Page aged 45 Liverpool South 10d 489

As you have her exact death date and the cemetary I am surprised you have been asked to pay.  I thought they only charged if they had to make a search
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline SuperFuzz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 August 18 22:58 BST (UK) »
Yes very annoying, sigh! Gonna miss out on finding her grave