Author Topic: John McCormack  (Read 437 times)

Offline aemccormack200

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John McCormack
« on: Sunday 05 August 18 22:19 BST (UK) »
John McCormack was born circa 1855 in Carrowkeel, Elphin, Co Roscommon. I know who he married and all his children but i've had trouble researching his parents. I know his father was also called John but I've never been able to find his mother or any of his siblings. I know his family was related to the nearby Lynch family in some way, I think either his sister married a Lynch or his mother was one.

I also haven't found any of the siblings of his father John Senior. I know he was born 1 Sep 1824 and his parents were John McCormack and Mary Martin and he may have had a sister called Catherine but there must have been more siblings.
I would love to find out the answers to these questions, particularly the maiden name of John Jr's mother. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John McCormack
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 August 18 23:28 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John McCormack
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 August 18 23:31 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.