Author Topic: Alice brundson/brinsdon/brunsden born abt 1753  (Read 1769 times)

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alice brundson/brinsdon/brunsden born abt 1753
« on: Wednesday 08 August 18 14:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, hi the above married James blake in 1776.Her father was named as Joseph, yeoman. She later went out to be the landlady of the rising sun Inn on Castle Street, Salisbury.
I would love to know who her mother was. I have been looking for a while now. I've never managed to find a birth for her. Thanks

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Alice brundson/brinsdon/brunsden born abt 1753
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 16:12 BST (UK) »
There are several BRUNSDON Marriages in Stratford Subcastle : St Lawrence besides Alices.
Maybe siblings?
ELIZABETH 11 Sep 1774
ANN 01 Apr 1779
JOHN 12 Aug 1782
(FreeREG)

Sorry I cant find a Baptism for her either
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for looking and replying. I will look for these marriages, see if dad is Joseph and then look for their births. Be worth the try, running out of other ideas.
Cheers, Elaine

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
Stratford
6 June 1756 Alles Brimson daughter of Joseph

From the digitised original on Ancestry, Alles aka Ales aka Alice.

Also baptised there:

25 June 1754 Elisebeth Brinsdon daughter of Joseph
28 March 1758 Ann Brimson daughter of Joseph
28 Dec 1760 John Brunsdon son of Joseph and Elizabeth

As the first daughter is Elizabeth it seems likely that Elizabeth was probably the mother of all four children but can't see an obvious marriage at the moment and haven't looked at burials.

(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:06 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that. I just love that cat 🙀, Elaine

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:09 BST (UK) »
Can't see the marriage but there is a transcript of a marriage bond for the Diocese of Salisbury on FindMyPast.

29 May 1753
Joseph Brunsdon, aged 28 years, bachelor and wheelwright to marry Elizabeth Furnell, widow, at Stratford Sub Castle or Salisbury Cathedral. Both resided at Stratford.  Bondsman was a John Brunsdon, yeoman, of Little Durnford, Wiltshire.

Edit - glad to be of help.  Thanks for the comment about Whisky, sadly lost her at the beginning of June aged 21 years, having sadly lost her sister last year at the age of 20.  Photo was when she was 16 years old!
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:15 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth wife of Joseph Bronsdon was buried at Stratford 17 March 1785.

19 May 1803 Mr Joseph Brunsdon was buried at Stratford aged 85 years.

Colour digitised images of all, apart from the marriage licence, can be viewed on Ancestry.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:21 BST (UK) »
If you've not already seen it Joseph left a Will in 1803 which is viewable on Ancestry.  Confirms Alice was his daughter and also, among others, mentions a son in law James Furnell, obviously Elizabeth's son by her previous marriage.  If you don't have an Ancestry subscription, check your local library as many have free access to the site within the libraries.

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I have a dna match for brindsen and it's John, father John. I now wonder if this John is the one on Joseph's marriage cert. They could be brothers. The match is from Wiltshire. Amazing.