Author Topic: Alice brundson/brinsdon/brunsden born abt 1753  (Read 1763 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Alice brundson/brinsdon/brunsden born abt 1753
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:36 BST (UK) »
There are few burials in Stratford around the 1750s for possible first husband of Elizabeth Furnell, but there is a Charles baptised to a James in 1751 and no other children.  He could have course have died between then and 1753 and be Elizabeth's first husband.  There is later on a Charles to a James and Rachel Furnell baptised in the parish who is most likely the son in law, aka step son, mentioned in Joseph Brunsdon's Will.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I have a dna match for brindsen and it's John, father John. I now wonder if this John is the one on Joseph's marriage cert. They could be brothers. The match is from Wiltshire. Amazing.

I don't think the John on Joseph's marriage licence is likely to be his father but could be a sibling.  The only baptism in the county I can find is a Joseph Brunsden baptised at Bulford 6 July 1723 to William and Elizabeth.  He had a brother John baptised in 1717 and a brother William in 1714.  The registers are missing from Ancestry for some reason for that period, these are from transcripts from the Wiltshire FHS.  Bulford being in the Salisbury area seems a good possibility.

Joseph's brother John died in Stratford in 1787.  There is an Administration Bond viewable on Ancestry from 1788 which states granted to Joseph Brunsdon lawful brother and next of kin.  John Brunsden was buried at Stratford 2 Nov 1787 aged 68 years so puts birth around 1719 which isn't that different from 1717 so definitely makes the Bulford baptisms a possibility.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, yes I meant they could be brothers. This is great, thanks for all your work.

Yes, it's awful when you lose them, isn't it? When I had to get one of my dogs put to  sleep just after losing my 22 Yr old cat, I said to the vet that I lost my first dog at 7,(over 50 years ago) and I still haven't got the hang of it! I remember it like yesterday too.once again, thanks, I'm planning on coming down to salisbury and visiting all the graves. Feel as if I know the place!!