Author Topic: Whitstable PR look up 1570s to 1600s  (Read 403 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Whitstable PR look up 1570s to 1600s
« on: Wednesday 08 August 18 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

Is anyone here able to do a look up in the Whitstable PR for me? I am looking for the following people:

John Goodwin (or Goodwyn) - christened about 1595 (he was married by licence in 1620, aged 25)

Ann Godfrey - again christened about 1595 (she was married to John Goodwin above).

Morgaine (or Morgayne) Goodwyn (or Goodwin) - born about 1575.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whitstable PR look up 1570s to 1600s
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 August 18 21:46 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at the films for Whitstable that are on familysearch?
Go to familysearch, click on 'catalogue' in menu, put in Whitsbtale, click search.
Under 'church records' there are some films. Looks as if you can view them (at least the BTs I saw), from home as long as you're logging in - accounts easy to set up and free!
I didn't check familysearch 'records' to see if your people were there with a link that goes straight to an image, but if not, you can search the film via the way I've said. Most records have yet to be linked to an image on their pertinent film (if ever).
It may take you some time to scour the films for the years and people you want - good luck!
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Whitstable PR look up 1570s to 1600s
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 August 18 23:31 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at the films for Whitstable that are on familysearch?
Go to familysearch, click on 'catalogue' in menu, put in Whitsbtale, click search.
Under 'church records' there are some films. Looks as if you can view them (at least the BTs I saw), from home as long as you're logging in - accounts easy to set up and free!
I didn't check familysearch 'records' to see if your people were there with a link that goes straight to an image, but if not, you can search the film via the way I've said. Most records have yet to be linked to an image on their pertinent film (if ever).
It may take you some time to scour the films for the years and people you want - good luck!

Hi

Thanks for that info. I saw that there are Archdeacons Transcripts and sadly although I have a user name and login for FamilySearch I haven't been able to view the images online.

There doesn't seem to be any sign of a John Goodwin or Ann Godfrey on FamilySearch that I can see so far. I have found Morgan Goodwin who I suspect is the same person as Morgain Goodwyn who was born in 1575. This might be John Goodwin's father or uncle.

I'll keep digging.

Matt