Author Topic: Missing PR records/LDS Film  (Read 1532 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Missing PR records/LDS Film
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 August 18 14:50 BST (UK) »
Although the LDS don't have them (and don't seem to have any BTs either for that period), its worth bearing in mind that FindMyPast (or whoever digitised the PRs for HALS the other year, from what I've heard they were volunteers) made a real hash of the digitisation programme and missed a lot of PRs.  Many have subsequently appeared on FindMyPast but I was told by the Archivist at HALS that they had been provided by Familysearch which probably explains why that period is still missing if it turns out that HALS do have the baptisms for that period.  Definitely worth approaching HALS about it but may involve a visit to Hertford to view them. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 August 18 14:54 BST (UK) »
Genuki is indicating that HALS may not have the baptism records for that period
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 August 18 14:58 BST (UK) »

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 August 18 00:45 BST (UK) »
Although the LDS don't have them (and don't seem to have any BTs either for that period), its worth bearing in mind that FindMyPast (or whoever digitised the PRs for HALS the other year, from what I've heard they were volunteers) made a real hash of the digitisation programme and missed a lot of PRs.  Many have subsequently appeared on FindMyPast but I was told by the Archivist at HALS that they had been provided by Familysearch which probably explains why that period is still missing if it turns out that HALS do have the baptisms for that period.  Definitely worth approaching HALS about it but may involve a visit to Hertford to view them. :-\

Thanks smudwhisk - I'd noticed that FindMyPast seems to have been rather hit & miss with the Herts PR's. It's frustrating … but if that means I HAVE TO visit HALS then a lovely holiday to UK sounds like something I could put up with ;D

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 August 18 01:00 BST (UK) »
This explains why ...
https://archives.hertfordshire.gov.uk/collections/getrecord/GB46_CDP48_1_1_1_3

Oh gosh - thanks for the link Bookbox.
Now that rather answers the question, doesn't it? I've just found that the INDEX was originally produced by R.T. Andrews of Hertford in 1890!! THAT'S why he could make an index of the PR's as it was just prior to the fire in 1891.

I'll contact HALS and see if they're able to view anything of the original documents.

Many thanks everyone - I certainly appreciate your help.  :-*

Cheers

Di