Author Topic: Enoch Smith 1873 Darlaston  (Read 855 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Enoch Smith 1873 Darlaston
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 August 18 00:00 BST (UK) »
As his wife is Sarah in 1901 - why are you looking at a marriage to a Mary Ann or Ellen?  Look in Lancashire in 1899 which is where he was living in 1901 and 1911.  The marriage is on Family Search and clearly shows his father as Samuel

Where do I put that reference to see that please? In ancestry or family search?

Ancestry
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline tresario

• I have turned off all notifications to all topics
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 August 18 10:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you CaroleW. I have only recently stated searching Family Search and clearly havent got a clue what I'm doing!
Any hints or tips to get me around the site would be gratefully received.
I found so much information for the family there,trying to get it all in my trees. Share my sister's UK only one in ancestry, and have my own world wide one on my heritage this year.
Thanks again for all your help its appreciated.
Breen,keenan,Boylan
Caldwell,Thompson,Bell.
Bradshaw,Smith,Waldron

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 August 18 10:57 BST (UK) »
The 1899 marriage was at St George Tyldesley Lancs - see www.lancashirebmd.org.uk or www.freebmd.org.uk

The transcription is on Family Search

The 1901 census entry can be viewed on Ancestry or Family Search.  The reference I gave above can be used to find it on Ancestry or just use search criteria enoc* smith born Staffordshire birthyear 1873 plus or minus 2yrs

When using Family Search you have the option of choosing the type of record you are looking for - select TYPE then select CENSUS
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)