Author Topic: South Africa birth & death certs  (Read 244 times)

Offline Sista

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
South Africa birth & death certs
« on: Sunday 12 August 18 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

Can someone help me with this, my Grandpa was born in SA about 1886 he was taken as a slave to serve a Queen as a Native Military Corps, SA forces

He departed SA in 1930 with a Ship called Berengaria under Master E.T. Britten his destination was Southampton, England. He then passed away on the 3rd of April 1942 he was buried in Bloemfontein Hamilton cemetery in South Africa.

we have tried to find his reference book at SA and UK Defense Force so we can register him at Home Affairs as there is nothing under him at Home Affairs. I want to do his unabridged birth certificate.

Maybe you can help on how to get his birth certificate and dead certificate

Regards

Sindi

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: South Africa birth & death certs
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 August 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
and what is his name it helps if we know some details Africa is a big place prhaps looking for a baptism would be easier or a marriage then work back,x
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,