Author Topic: death details  (Read 2552 times)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
death details
« on: Monday 13 August 18 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for anyone with more clues than me please. I have a death registration which is scant and wonder if anyone here can glean more info on the person for me. Following is the info I have.

Reg. details  D/1871/14/1002/3/39
Armagh (pre 1973 Q4Richill

Orr
Mary
female
widowed
14th Nov. 1871

Armagh (pre-1973 Q4)

This is an enhanced view of her death which tells me nothing. I was hoping as I have said above someone would be able to find a bit more detailed info. like who her husband might have been, any children still living, anything that I can definitely say she is mine. Her husband was William. If there is somewhere that will tell me her nee name. I have an 1810 marriage detail that says my Mary's nee name was Quinn but I have to be sure that this one is mine. Her husband, William died sometime before her. She was in the griffiths valuation and she was a widow then. If I can be greedy, can I also ask, on the marriage cert of one of their sons it states who the father was and doesnt say he was deceased (1853 marriage) could he still have been deceased. Any info would enable me to find a death for Willam also. Any and all help really greatly appreciated. Thank you

Popsit/NZ
Be good to your Mum

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: death details
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 August 18 22:28 BST (UK) »
Death results for Mary Orr of Armagh from 1870 to 1944    http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mib/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 August 18 22:30 BST (UK) »
The image of the cert should be online by Nov this year all going well on Irish Genealogy.
It may not have enough to tell if she is yours it depends on where she died and who the informant was.

Is the cert not available on PRONI?

The father will only be marked as deceased if the question was asked.

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 August 18 22:40 BST (UK) »
Death results for Mary Orr of Armagh from 1870 to 1944    http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mib/

Thank you for that.
popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 August 18 22:49 BST (UK) »
The image of the cert should be online by Nov this year all going well on Irish Genealogy.
It may not have enough to tell if she is yours it depends on where she died and who the informant was.

Thank you. The reason why I am here asking my query is because I had credits on the irish genealogy site where I got the enhanced view. Because of where I am getting a cert. is costly hence the hope someone here might have privy to info really close to what I am looking for that might give me a little thread to run with as credits are costly if you dont get the info you want straight away.Thank you however for your time in replying.

Popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 August 18 23:12 BST (UK) »

Thank you. The reason why I am here asking my query is because I had credits on the irish genealogy site where I got the enhanced view. Because of where I am getting a cert. is costly hence the hope someone here might have privy to info really close to what I am looking for that might give me a little thread to run with as credits are costly if you dont get the info you want straight away.Thank you however for your time in replying.

Popsit

Irish Genealogy is a free site, no credits, do you mean PRONI.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 August 18 23:24 BST (UK) »

Thank you for that.
popsit

Was in a hurry hence year range....   ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 08:06 BST (UK) »

[/quote]

Because of where I am getting a cert. is costly hence the hope someone here might have privy to info really close to what I am looking for that might give me a little thread to run with as credits are costly if you dont get the info you want straight away.

Popsit
[/quote]

It doesn’t really matter where you live. For events in Northern Ireland that are not yet free on the irishgenealogy site, you can view the original certificates on-line for £2.50 a time, on the GRONI site. That’s not very expensive, and is the same price for you as we pay in Ireland.
Elwyn

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 August 18 08:49 BST (UK) »
This is an enhanced view of her death which tells me nothing. I was hoping as I have said above someone would be able to find a bit more detailed info. like who her husband might have been, any children still living, anything that I can definitely say she is mine. Her husband was William. If there is somewhere that will tell me her nee name. I have an 1810 marriage detail that says my Mary's nee name was Quinn but I have to be sure that this one is mine. Her husband, William died sometime before her. She was in the griffiths valuation and she was a widow then. If I can be greedy, can I also ask, on the marriage cert of one of their sons it states who the father was and doesnt say he was deceased (1853 marriage) could he still have been deceased.

The death certificate may say something like 'widow of a farmer' but will not give details of her husband, will not list her maiden name, will not list children (unless one happens to be the informant), etc.
See here for details on Irish death certificates-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,433043.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!