Author Topic: Look Up for Deighan/Deehan family arriving in USA  (Read 1370 times)

Offline MURPHY2011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up for Deighan/Deehan family arriving in USA
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 09:24 BST (UK) »
Well Aghadowey, It is a small world right enough. I had 73 first cousins some of them sadly gone now.
I have my grandad William on the 1911 Census in house 5 Cloyfin North, Ballylagan, he was 25 and is down as a Servant in the Curry family house, possibly a farm hand.

Their marriage certificate has them on a page with 1906 and 1907 but their marriage date is logged as 1st May 1905 and a note attached at the end said the record was omitted and had to be confirmed then was overlooked ?? They were married in St Mary’s Bolerin (Ballerin as I know it) and the district is Garvagh. Again the name variation he is down as Willie Deehan

I have a British Army WW1 Service Record 1914-1920 which shows he was in the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers and at the time they lived in Nicolson Street, Greenock in Scotland. It also says the marriage was in Blees. Listed are a few of the children including my dad. William was a sugarhouse labourer at the time.

Annie I think I saw in Ballymoney as by 1911 she was known as Annie Douglas