Author Topic: Deportation from Scotland  (Read 5647 times)

Offline MHunt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Deportation from Scotland
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 03 June 21 19:31 BST (UK) »
This is not a straightforward story might be easier if you pm your email. If I am thinking correctly the name Beryl may mean something too you and the date 23rd July 2011

Couldn’t agree more. Not straightforward from what I Understand.

Beryl doesn’t mean anything to me. Not sure if that’s more interesting or less ?

Offline Suzanne Parsons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 22:39 BST (UK) »
I am absolutely astonished at reading all this as Susan Lennox was my grandmother and my mother was one of her daughters Mary . I am Susan’s eldest granddaughter Suzanne therefore jouzas was my great grandfather whom I never met . Gran Suzie never spoke much of when she was young used to say if we wished to find out about anything to go to Lithuanian club in Mossend as they should hold some sort of records . Often wondered why .

Suzanne.

Offline poosegimples

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 22 October 21 13:07 BST (UK) »
I’m fascinated to read this thread.  I’m married to David Hunter whose dad was George Hunter (1936-2002) whose dad was Robert Hunter/Jozef Linka. George had 2 siblings - Robert (1924-?) and Mary (known as May 1931-2020). I’m guessing they are the children from his 2nd marriage as they were from Leith.  The Henderson Street address mentioned was also his workshop I believe. 

My husband knew of a family story that Robert had been married before but it was thought he’d left his family in Lithuania.  The newspaper article about the court case clears things up a bit. 

I’d be really interested to hear if there are any other certificates or photographs of Jozef/Robert. I have a photograph of him with his 2nd wife (my husband’s nana) which I will try to post.  My husband was born in 1972 and has memories of nana but sadly missed out on any time with his grandad who you’ve said passed in 1973.