Author Topic: Sameul Towers and Mary  (Read 464 times)

Offline Taylor94

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grt grt grandfather, after capture WW1
    • View Profile
Sameul Towers and Mary
« on: Tuesday 14 August 18 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hello
Id thought I would revisit my 6th grt grandparents as It appears everybody else's trees regarding these two are different from mine and would like a second opinion.

Im trying to find the maiden name of my 6th grt grandmother and to confirm that I have them correctly as my 6th grt grandparents.

My 5th grt grandfather is Thomas Towers bapt Apr 1795 Aylestone. Son of Sameul and Mary.

Now everybody has Thomas as son of Samuel Towers bapt 1760 Aylestone - Died Hinckley/Stoke Golding 1838 and Mary Valence 1766-1847. Married 1785 Stoke Golding.
I don't believe this is correct. This Couple are baptising in Stoke Golding the same time as a Samuel and Mary are baptising in Aylestone.

I believe Thomas's parents are in fact, Samuel Towers bapt 1738 Aylestone, Died 1825 Aylestone and Mary born abt 1754, Died 1830 Aylestone.

A Samuel Towers marries a Mary Clark in Leicester St Margarets 9 Apr 1787. Both are listed of the Parish and both are Widowers. Witnesses - William Woodhouse, William Stevenson.
This is I believe is the Samuel Towers who married Ann Crofts Oct 1763 Aylestone. They have 9 Children then Wife Ann dies Sep 1785 a few days after a daughter Mary is baptised to the couple, And few days later this child dies. I believe this is possibly why Samuel names his first daughter with Mary as Mary Ann Towers perhaps in honor of his daughter and late wife who possibly died due to issues with childbirth?
I still dont know what Mary's maiden name is but seeing as she is a widower, I assume Clark is her previously married name although there is a Mary Clark bapt 1753 in Leicester.

They go onto have 6 children in Aylestone between 1789-1803 including Thomas. Samuel would have been between 51-63yrs old when his children were born. Mary would be between 39-47 so within Childbearing Age.
Richard Dudley of Cosby. Gent
George Bent of Cosby. Gent
William Black of Kilby. Gent
Bernard Cotton of Dadlington. Esq
Sir Thomas Halford of Wistow. Bart
Richard Swynfen of Sutton Cheney. Gent
John Cotes of Aylestone. Gent
John Freeston of East Norton. Gent
Sir John Bernard of Abington.
Edward Shuckburgh of Naseby. Esq
Richard Worsley of Deeping. Esq
Thomas Hobson of Glen. Gent