Author Topic: mary jane milton or munro  (Read 885 times)

Offline raggyroo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
mary jane milton or munro
« on: Wednesday 15 August 18 22:17 BST (UK) »
hi im looking to find info on a mary jane Milton or Munro.
I have found her birth cert she was born mary jane  munro Milton on 15 feb 1885 boharm she is illigitamet she married a Gordon carle in Banff shire in 1906 and she died in Aberdeen but I cant find her in a cen before 1911 she was ment to of been brought up with he fathers side of the family but don't know if this is true her father on her marriage cert is a john munro and her mother ellen Milton but the marrage cert has her parents as married but as far as I am aware they were never married any help would be thankful thank you raggyroo

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: mary jane milton or munro
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 August 18 01:00 BST (UK) »
Have you checked SP to see if Ellen Milton married between 1885 and 1891?  Mary could be shown under her mothers married name on the 1891 and 1901 censuses
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mary jane milton or munro
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 August 18 10:25 BST (UK) »
George Carle married Mary Munro in 1906, so if that is correct I think in 1891 you will find her as noted born Fordyce, Banffshire, at Berryleys, there with John Munro and his wife Geogina, Mary is noted as Daughter age 6. their son John is 23 and there are 5 other children.

They are still there in 1901 but Mary is noted as Farmers granddaughter age 16. John her likely father is still there age 33.

Colin

Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.