Author Topic: Thomas Cullen ireland abt1870 F daniel Cullen Ire 1848 M catherine Doyle I845  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Bkilpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello
First post and any help gratefully received.
This person was married to Janet Clark (17.7.1867 dalry F John Clark abt 1839 Antrim M Barbara Clark 8/8/1835, Kilburton) and as far as i can see they had 2 children, Catherine (1891, dalry) and Minnie (15 October 1908), my gran.
I think Janet died in 1912 and Thomas may have remarried someone called Mary (mcguire???).  Anyway I know my gran had more siblings cause I met one called Danny who fought in WW2 but I just cant find them.  Whoever Thomas married the second time did not like my gran and made life very difficult for her (not a helpful piece of info).  Thomas was a baker, I think he had his own place which burnt down.  Thanks

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Cullen ireland abt1870 F daniel Cullen Ire 1848 M catherine Doyle I845
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to RootsChat.

You're correct in saying that one piece of information in your last paragraph is not helpful.
Please bear in mind that:
1. All posts made on here can be found by anyone doing an Internet search.
2. It's possible that children of the 2nd marriage may be be living. It's even more possible that children of those children are likely to be alive.

Having considered these points, you may wish to review and amend your post. Click on "modify" at top of post or symbol at bottom to edit. You have only a certain length of time after posting to amend a post after you've published it.

Have you read "Beginners - How to use RootsChat"?  It's under "Family History Help" in the brown section at foot of the page.
Cowban

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Cullen ireland abt1870 F daniel Cullen Ire 1848 M catherine Doyle I845
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 August 18 23:31 BST (UK) »
Have you searched Scotland's People for things like Janet's death possibly 1912? You can also see the 1911 census there but that's the latest available census so you may have more difficulty finding more recent family members.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Bkilpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 August 18 00:17 BST (UK) »
thx for the quick reply. Yes I tried scotlands people but I will try again on my next visit to the Mitchel Library

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 August 18 08:13 BST (UK) »
A Daniel Cullen & Catherine Doyle had son William John born 1872 Dalry, Ayrshire-
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XYY9-RFP
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 09:14 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat , Bkilpatrick

A Thomas Cullen and Janet Clark married in 1890 at Hamilton, Lanarkshire.
A Thomas Cullen and a Mary Maguire married on 1914 at Calton district in Glasgow.
A Minnie Cullen was born 1908 in Ayr.

These above can all be found and viewed ( credits need to be purchased )on Scotlands People.

A search for Minnie Cullen on the 1911 Census gave a result  for a 2 year old Minnie in Ayr.

Widening the search to the Cullen surname in Ayr gave several results all with the same reference 578/1 2/20 - so I'd assume these people were all in the same household. Again the Census record can be viewed on Scotlands People

Thomas Cullen          age 40
Janet Cullen             age 42
Catherine Cullen       age 21
James Cullen            age 18
William John Cullen    age 16
Elizth Cullen              age 13
Barbara Cullen          age 10
Thomas Cullen          age 7
Daniel Cullen             age 4
Minnie Cullen             age 2

Good luck with your research,

Looby :)

Offline Bkilpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 15:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the welcome and the help, very useful. Hopefully im visiting the Mitchel library soon so should make some headway