Author Topic: Sweden : Karen Kajsa Nilsdatter b. Naes Varmland 21 June 1836 or 3 July 1836 ??  (Read 2768 times)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sweden : Karen Kajsa Nilsdatter b. Naes Varmland 21 June 1836 or 3 July 1836 ??
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 09:48 BST (UK) »
I took a quick look in the Oslo probates without much success. I think she should be there somewhere.
Here is the link if you want to look yourself - I took the years 1904-1908:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mkk/

I did find this though - Karen's death registered. There is a mention of Johan and Karoline - nr 486:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mkl/

Ian

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sweden : Karen Kajsa Nilsdatter b. Naes Varmland 21 June 1836 or 3 July 1836 ??
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 19:45 BST (UK) »
Karen( kasja) death: 15 March 1905- Sagene Oslo Norway: This is the info I have on her death from internet helper- maybe Vivi?

"   Information from internet helper: She died March 15, 1905 and was burried from Sagene Church.

No 31 bottom half:

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8089&i...

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20061123340682....

From Dødsfallprotokollen, no 486:

Permanent sidelenke: http://arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/27302/217/

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-sk20090515340570...

========================================================================

If a woman was married it was common to mention her husband. I guess it was unusual to be divorced so they also mentioned her ex-husband.

I'm not able to read everything in Dødsfallprotokollen, but here is what I read:

Widow Karen Amundsen 69 years old died today [March 15, 1905] in Østgaardsgt. 6. Leaves behind two grown children. ???? Reported by her daughter Karoline Elise Pettersen Østgaardsgt 2 who informs that the deceased owned nothing. Buried at the Poor-care's expense."

============================================

I think I was wrong in calculating difference between her age & Ole Nilsen b.1847-it is actually 11yrs difference-Wow ! 

=============================================
Karens death:

I am wondering if Karoline may have things mixed up- if Karen was 69- when she died- March 1905- she would have been born in 1835? As her birthday was in June/July 1836.. There seems to be some question abt her being a Widow?? But also given her Husband permission to re-marry or something??

~~~~~~~~----
Re: Dates 21 June 1836 & 3 July 1836:

Perhaps the Minister/ Priest in Fiskaratorp where Karen ( Kasja) was very old & still stuck by the old calendar dates?  I read that the Calendars changed over in 1752- However not all countries & parishes followed right away.. some place not until 1924..I also read not everyone agreed or liked this change as they felt they were robbed of 11/12 days of their life.. In 1836 the difference between both calendars was exactly 12 dys .

It appears that the only record that shows the 21 June 1836-date was the 1900 Census- so far anyways

Major problem is her marriage record-stating her father as Nils Nilsen( not Nils Hansen) Good thing was to see "Huggenas " on those Banns records though..

Bye for now
Jila

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 08 September 18 08:55 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Still looking or have you given up (haha) ..I was wondering if there might be any dates or information on Karen( kajsa) pension file ? That is the only place I can think of that there might be a date of birth ?

Can you check for me? I never received any reply from Gunnar- not sure if he is still alive or not ?

Thanks again for all your help :)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 16 September 18 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hi again Jila
Do you have a link to the pension file?

Ian

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 17 September 18 19:33 BST (UK) »
Hi there

No I do not have a link for her Pension file ? Was there an actual Govt Pension in those days? Work Pension from Hjula ?

According to the Census Karen worked at the Hjula factory at least from 1875-1891- NO she when she started there but it opened the year she moved to Norway. And she is not working on the 1900 Census..

I have tried to get something or anything from the Hjula records- but have not recieved anything except 2 pictures of the factory in 1880.. I assume if Ole Nilsen b. 1847- was there he was probably working as a stonemason at that time.

I do not know if Karen ever married Ole- but they were not married in 1875-when Caroline Elise was born in July 1875.

I guess this mystery will never get solved :(

Bye for now
J

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 17 September 18 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi
I perhaps misunderstood what you meant. What pension file did you refer to?

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 17 September 18 19:47 BST (UK) »
Well one of the Census(most likely 1900)- said she was a Pensioner if I remember right..

So I was thinking that perhaps there was a Pension file available.. That might have information of her birth Date-or she might have had to provide a birth record in order to get a Pension..

I do not know what the process was in Norway at that time in order to get a Pension??
Was the Pension provided by the Govt or her family ?

Just guessing as I do not know for sure- Basically trying to think of anything where a Date of Birth might have been provided.

J

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 17 September 18 19:52 BST (UK) »
I am pretty sure that there weren't any pension records back then.

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 17 September 18 20:03 BST (UK) »
ok- another dead end then :(