Author Topic: Beagley and Grant  (Read 1061 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Beagley and Grant
« on: Sunday 19 August 18 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I set up a free trial with Ancestry today and made contact with one distant cousin who was of great help. Can anyone look for me:

The parishes of John Beagley and Sarah Grant who married in Hartley Mauditt in 1746
And christenings for John and Sarah

I’d appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beagley and Grant
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 August 18 22:09 BST (UK) »
The parishes quotes on a marriage certificate, or marriage Parish Register entry, are simply where they were living when the banns were called (or licence applied for).

They do NOT refer to parish of origin ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 August 18 22:09 BST (UK) »
I’ve found a bit more. Looking for the forebears and parents of William Beagley and Sarah Carter, both natives of Farringdon, who married there in 1716.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 August 18 10:15 BST (UK) »
Ancestry has information that early for the parishes you are researching.

I set up a free trial with Ancestry today
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 August 18 10:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks.

Offline BW252

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 August 18 14:00 BST (UK) »
Adam

I too have John Beagley and Sarah Grant married in Hartley Mauditt in 1746.    I have yet to confirm that they are the parents of Joseph Beagley b1755 in Faringdon, Hants.    He married Elizabeth Greenvil in 1781 in Alton, Hants and all of their 7 children were born in Alton (all but one yet to be confirmed)

The sharing of any info you get would be much appreciated.   I am on FindMyPast and have hit a brick wall.

Harry

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 August 18 14:49 BST (UK) »
Presuming John Beagley who married Sarah Grant is the father, a christening there in 1719 matches, with his parents marrying in Farringdon in 1716. PM me your email address and I’ll send you all I have.