Author Topic: percivals/ percevals of leitrim  (Read 7612 times)

Offline NB31225

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: percivals/ percevals of leitrim
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 20:35 GMT (UK) »
I have been having a root about online this evening, with a John Percival registered with the Royal Irish Constabulary in Leitrim. The records are in the National Archives in Kew, here in London. Anyone have any confirmation or idea if this is on the right track? as I will go down to Kew to take a look.
thanks
amanda

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 20:49 GMT (UK) »
I have been having a root about online this evening, with a John Percival registered with the Royal Irish Constabulary in Leitrim. The records are in the National Archives in Kew, here in London. Anyone have any confirmation or idea if this is on the right track? as I will go down to Kew to take a look.
thanks
amanda

When?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline NB31225

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 21:27 GMT (UK) »
theres a John Percival 1821 - service no 20242 - Down (N. Ireland)
John Percival 1855, same service number - leitrim

Offline linny1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 11 November 18 11:58 GMT (UK) »
I'm the one who visited the aunts in Mohill.  It was 2001.  I met Kathleen Boyle and her sister Margaret and sister Ivy.They also had a brother Alexander, a doctor in Galway.  They are sadly all dead now.  They were the children of John Percival ,son of Thomas ,son of John P and Ann Rosemond.

Offline linny1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: percivals/ percevals of leitrim and Longford
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 12 March 23 03:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Im the one who visited the aunts in Mobil!!
My goodness this discussion has been going on for years.  Ne w people enter into the discussion but don't seem to read all that has gone before.
John Percival and Anne Rosemond had a child Arthur in 1828.  He emigrated to NSW and had a string of Children with an Australian born wife. His brother Henry came out to NSW too but returned and died in Dublin after marrying for the second time.
It is fairly easy to follow the Rosemonds.
I am guessing that John's father was Alexander who was a constable in the RIC
Why?  Because the dates fit, the area fits and Johns first son was called Alexander.
I have done my DNA and have connections with three siblings of Arthur Percival b.1828. They are Thomas, Elizabeth and Alexander. 
I have been to the cemetery in Drunshambo and seen John's Headstone. It's very difficult to read but has been transcribed. Nowhere can I find where he was born and to whom!!!! As I have stated before I have been working on the for over 25 years.  I felt DNA would hold the answers but not yet.  If you are related to these Percival please get your DNA done by Ancestry.Com. The more connections the further back we may one day go!
Patrick Perceval's daughter of the Temple House family has had her DNA done and isn't a match with me or Amanda Michalia(Thomas's great grand daughter).
What more can we do?

Offline Bexlou79

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 01 April 24 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hello.

I found this thread when doing a search on the Percival family from Curraun, Co.Leitrim
We recently bought the farm that was owned by the Percival family. Last resident was Victor Percival. Furthest back I can trace was Arthur Percival & family from the 1901 census. I know the house was on the first ever ordinance survey map around 1830s but strongly think the house was built much earlier. Does anyone have any information on Arthur's patents & grandparents please?
Thanks