Author Topic: Edward Couchman HUNTER - is solution in South Africa  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Bridge67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Couchman HUNTER - is solution in South Africa
« Reply #36 on: Friday 07 June 24 17:15 BST (UK) »
I came across some information that may assist you in your search for Edward Couchman Hunter.

On 13 August 1898, Edward Couchman Hunter married the widow Eliza Jane White O'Connor (nee White) at the Rectory in Addington, Durban. His marriage status was listed as "widower," and his profession as a "clerk, "and at the time of his marriage, he was residing in Addington on the Durban beachfront.

Eliza passed away from acute dysentery on May 16, 1901, at the Scottburgh Hotel, on the Durban South Coast, aged 43.

Edward was residing at 152 Point Road in Durban, when he passed away chronic bronchitis and heart failure at the Government Hospital in Durban, aged seventy-five, with his death occurring on January 8, 1928.

Hope this helps.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 11 June 24 11:18 BST (UK) »
Bridge 67 I found these Hunter and O`Connor graves https://www.graves-at-eggsa.org/main.php?g2_itemId=2012726
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline sawyerhja

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 12 June 24 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hi, Bridge67. Many thanks for the information. It must be 5 years since I was looking for Edward Couchman HUNTER's data (pre-Covid, for sure). I dd manage to find the data that you kindly provided. I do recall that I had reached a brickwall, even in Family Search - but another person said that she could see all that I needed in Family Search but, when I tried, nothing came up. I never did find out why I was unsuccessful. Thanks again for your contribution.