Author Topic: Grace Turner  (Read 844 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Grace Turner
« on: Monday 27 August 18 12:30 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Grace married Edward Gray in Longbridge Deverill in September 1746 and was recorded as being of Monkton Deverill. Her age at death gives a birth year of around 1725 but of course this may be a bit off. Can anyone find a christening for her?

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Grace Turner
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 August 18 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Adam

When I was doing my husband's tree, I seem to remember that there were a large number of non-conformists in that area.

I've had a look for Grace but so far I've not found her in either parish records or non-c.

My Deverill booklets are packed away and I'm not sure where so can only rely on online sources.

Maybe someone else might find her.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 August 18 14:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget!
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 August 18 15:47 BST (UK) »
For what it's worth:

Thomas and Elizabeth Turner  and William and Ann Turner were having children baptised in Monkton Deverill around then.  Did she have any children with those names?

However, the marriage entry would refer to where the bride and groom were resident at the time of the marriage rather than where they were born.  I've done a quick skim in neighbouring counties but so far I've not found anything that looks right.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 August 18 15:59 BST (UK) »
Her children were named:
John (b. 1749)
Edward (b. 1751)
William (b. 1757)
James (b. 1758)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 August 18 17:44 BST (UK) »
There was also a Grace b. 1760.

Have you got the name of Edward Gray's parents?

Added - those online trees don't look as if they've been sourced  :-\

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 August 18 18:25 BST (UK) »
I haven’t looked at the online trees but no, I haven’t got any further back than Edward.