Author Topic: Marriage lookup request - DOVE  (Read 411 times)

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage lookup request - DOVE
« on: Monday 27 August 18 23:08 BST (UK) »
I am searching for the marriage of EDWARD DOVE and MARY - first known child baptised at Wetheringsett 19 Dec 1718 (Elizabeth, dau Edward & Mary DOVE).  Edward was from Debenham.  I know nothing about Mary.

The Suffolk Doves are a confusing tangle - so any help would be much appreciated. Unfortunately FreeREG has not transcribed Wetheringsett yet.

Many thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup request - DOVE
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 August 18 16:03 BST (UK) »
You may have seen the online trees for this family. They show that Edward's father was William/Mother Elizabeth Barnes and his grandfather was Richard. Edward was buried 17/5/1743 Wetheringsett All saints church.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 August 18 23:06 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for this, Paco.  I have details for Edward's parents (William Dove & Elizabeth Barnes) and a date for his marriage to Mary of 1717 (from an Ancestry contact).  I was hoping to track down the surname of Edward's wife.

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 16:29 BST (UK) »
I checked the Wetheringsett parish register and there was no record of Edward and Mary Dove marrying there ~1717.

Offline jkgla

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 20:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for checking.  They must have married somewhere local  - Iíll keep searching.

All the best, jkgla