Author Topic: Mary Sinclair  (Read 1082 times)

Offline owenc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Mary Sinclair
« on: Tuesday 28 August 18 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have a 4x Great Grandmother called Mary Sinclair, married to Thomas Irwin of Bovevagh.

Mary was born in 1794 and died in 1872.

I have no location for her birth or where she was originally from. Looking on the 1766 religious census it would appear there are two families, one in Ballintoy and one in Ballinascreen?

There is also some Sinclairs in Coleraine in 1831 but I am not sure if they have moved there.

I would like to find Mary’s birth or at least tie her down to a specific area as I am interested in seeing where she came from, originally.

Thanks

Offline Iain Sinclair

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Sinclair
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 November 18 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am descended from the Sinclairs of Ballinascreen. My earliest dates so far are from the mid 1700's. I don't think your Mary is connected but I am just getting back into the research after some time so will bear her in mind.

Iain Sinclair

Offline owenc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Sinclair
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 October 19 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am descended from the Sinclairs of Ballinascreen. My earliest dates so far are from the mid 1700's. I don't think your Mary is connected but I am just getting back into the research after some time so will bear her in mind.

Iain Sinclair

Thanks. Do you know anything about the Sinclair name in the county?

It’s intriguing. I’ve looked into finding her birth and can’t. Prior to 1850 there is no sign of Sinclairs in Kennaght so they’ve obviously moved in from elsewhere. I’m not sure where?