Author Topic: Looking for parents of my 10th GGF Edward Beales born ca 1545 Wramplingham died  (Read 2826 times)

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward was born supposedly in Wramplingham ca 1545 but I have been unable to find anything on his birth, baptism etc. on line. He was rector of St. Peter and St Paul in Wramplingham 1568-1612 when he died. Married three times and had 12 or more children. His son John was my immigrant into America.

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of my 10th GGF Edward Beales born ca 1445 Wramplingham died
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 01:51 BST (UK) »
Edward was born supposedly in Wramplingham ca 1445 but I have been unable to find anything on his birth, baptism etc. on line. He was rector of St. Peter and St Paul in Wramplingham 1568-1612 when he died. Married three times and had 12 or more children. His son John was my immigrant into America.

Greetings, and a warm welcome to Rootschat

Did you mean born c1545?  It could be worth trying Ancestry.com to see if he's on the list of Oxford alumni - occasionally they have information. (As he was a cleric he may have attended a university)

Philip[

Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of my 10th GGF Edward Beales born ca 1445 Wramplingham died
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 05:46 BST (UK) »
Cambridge University Alumni
Edward Beale  year admitted 1570
Ordained Deacon and Priest, 19 May 1582 at Rotherby Leicestershire

Ref ancestry

ADDED not necessarily your Edward Beale

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 05:58 BST (UK) »
Do you have the will of Edward Beale, located Norfolk Record Office, Norwich.
Edward Beale, clerk, Wramplingham 1612, ref: Will register Coker 231

There is another Edward Beale of Little Ellingham 1565-1569 ref: ANW Will register Mendham fo 200

Fees for copies are reasonable and the will of the elder Edward Beale may have some clues.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 06:43 BST (UK) »
http://db.theclergydatabase.org.uk/jsp/search/index.jsp

Added: Born 1445? Died 1612? That doesn't seem right. I'm not very good at sums but my calculator tells me that makes him 167 when he died.  :o

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents of my 10th GGF Edward Beales born ca 1545 Wramplingham died
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
Edited the original post with 1545 date, fat fingers I guesss.

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 14:59 BST (UK) »
Edward was born supposedly in Wramplingham ca 1445 but I have been unable to find anything on his birth, baptism etc. on line. He was rector of St. Peter and St Paul in Wramplingham 1568-1612 when he died. Married three times and had 12 or more children. His son John was my immigrant into America.

Greetings, and a warm welcome to Rootschat

Did you mean born c1545?  It could be worth trying Ancestry.com to see if he's on the list of Oxford alumni - occasionally they have information. (As he was a cleric he may have attended a university)

Philip[

Thank you Phillip, I have edited the post to reflect the correct dates. I have checked alumni pages etc. but I do not think he graduated.
Russ

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 15:03 BST (UK) »
Do you have the will of Edward Beale, located Norfolk Record Office, Norwich.
Edward Beale, clerk, Wramplingham 1612, ref: Will register Coker 231

There is another Edward Beale of Little Ellingham 1565-1569 ref: ANW Will register Mendham fo 200

Fees for copies are reasonable and the will of the elder Edward Beale may have some clues.

Thank you for the reply, I will check into getting a copy of the will. I had a cousin who had it but could find no one to translate from old English or Latin whichever it was in. He has since passed on so I do not know what happened to his copy.
Russ

Offline rbeals125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 15:04 BST (UK) »
Cambridge University Alumni
Edward Beale  year admitted 1570
Ordained Deacon and Priest, 19 May 1582 at Rotherby Leicestershire

Ref ancestry

ADDED not necessarily your Edward Beale

I had researched this one before but the dates overlap with the ones shown of him being in Wramplingham.
Russ