Author Topic: Julius Caesar died where???  (Read 1101 times)

Offline ajf25

• RootsChat Veteran
  • David John Hawker
    • View Profile
Julius Caesar died where???
« on: Sunday 02 September 18 07:35 BST (UK) »
I’ve have had my DNA tested and have been going through the surname lists on family trees of my DNA matches. Wow have there been some surprising things in some trees.

A couple of things I’ve noticed:

There can be huge family trees, all of which seem to go back to William the Conqueror. The DNA matches are supposed to be my 3rd or 4th cousin and there are NO common surnames!!! I guess it’s a case of find a name that matches and build your tree from there, without any regard for the true ancestry  :P

Julius Caesar died in British Columbia, Canada!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Alison

Offline Raybistre

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Julius Caesar died where???
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 September 18 16:35 BST (UK) »
Free Reg records the burial of Julius Caesar at St John the Baptist, Liverpool on the 25th Oct 1831 age 43. Many more in FreeBMD.
Ray

Offline Jed59

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 September 18 16:48 BST (UK) »
Looks like everybody everywhere had it in for him... “infamy, infamy, theyve all got it in for me !”   Kenneth Williams.  Sorry couldn’t resist..

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 September 18 17:21 BST (UK) »
Looks like everybody everywhere had it in for him... “infamy, infamy, theyve all got it in for me !”   Kenneth Williams.  Sorry couldn’t resist..

My cousin's tree has Julius Caesar dying in a workhouse infirmary.  Maybe his last words were: "Ooooh, Matron!"
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 September 18 17:26 BST (UK) »
There can be huge family trees, all of which seem to go back to William the Conqueror. The DNA matches are supposed to be my 3rd or 4th cousin and there are NO common surnames!!!

Ah, but imagine how proud I was to learn that not only am I descended from illegitimate offspring of the daughters of miners, ag labs and so on, but I am also descended from various royal b*st*rds!
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 September 18 10:31 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD records the deaths of 36 Julius Caesars, mostly in England, but a couple in Wales, between 1845 and 1983.  Two of them are even called Julius Augustus Caesar!  Curiously there were just 33 births between 1845 and 1969, just one of whom was born in Wales. Most were born and died in the south of England. If I remember correctly, the name of the head of Rochdale College of Art in the 1960s was also called Julius Caesar.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline ajf25

• RootsChat Veteran
  • David John Hawker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 08:04 BST (UK) »
This Julius Caesar was born in 0100. His child was born in 0035.  ;D ;D ;D