Author Topic: Kelleher/Dineen Ballyvourney Co Cork 1869  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kelleher/Dineen Ballyvourney Co Cork 1869
« on: Sunday 02 September 18 12:58 BST (UK) »
My great great grandparents Mary Dineen and John Kelleher married in Ballyvourney church on 7th Feb 1869 Mary's Father was Michael Dineen a farmer from derreenaculling not see of the exact name as the register was very hard to read and culling was the only readable bit  and John's Father was Eugene Kelleher also a farmer from either lisbulbeg or slievereagh any help on any of the fathers and family's would be great as I know so many of you all have been so helpful with my searches :)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kelleher/Dineen Ballyvourney Co Cork 1869
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 September 18 13:08 BST (UK) »
Do you have the marriage cert or were they COI?
If RC it doesn't look good
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0016

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 September 18 13:42 BST (UK) »
It was a Catholic church I did get some info from the registrar on the fathers of the bride and groom and it's the fathers I'm mainly interested in as I'm trying to get further back ,can't seem to find any info on Eugene Kelleher or Micheal Dineen  and Mary Dineens birth which would have been around 1849 and John Kelleher birth about 1846

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 September 18 13:52 BST (UK) »
Where did you see that church register? Can you not search the same place.
This is what survives and where it is
https://www.johngrenham.com/records/rc_church.php?churchid=0016&parish=Ballyvourney

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 September 18 15:59 BST (UK) »
You were very very lucky to find them in Registers that don't exist!!

https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0016

Baptisms 1825 to 1829 only   Ballyvourney
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 September 18 16:05 BST (UK) »
My great great grandparents Mary Dineen and John Kelleher married in Ballyvourney church on 7th Feb 1869 Mary's Father was Michael Dineen a farmer from derreenaculling not see of the exact name as the register was very hard to read and culling was the only readable bit  and John's Father was Eugene Kelleher also a farmer from either lisbulbeg or slievereagh any help on any of the fathers and family's would be great as I know so many of you all have been so helpful with my searches :)

The residences on the marriage will be where the bride and groom were living at the time- the marriage certificate will not list where there parents lived. There's a Derreenacullig in Ballyvourney Civil Parish (Macroom Poor Law Union/Registration District) but I don't understand why you say "either lisbulbeg or slievereagh."
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 September 18 22:28 BST (UK) »
To note for now, a Mary Dinneen was baptised in Ballyvourney RC parish on 2 February 1845, parents Michael Dinneen and Johanna McCarthy, sponsors Patrick Dinneen and Johanna Desmond.

Baptisms in same parish for possible siblings Margaret 1840, Jeremiah 1843, Ellen 1847 and Patrick 1850.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 02 September 18 22:45 BST (UK) »

To note for now, a Mary Dinneen was baptised in Ballyvourney RC parish on 2 February 1845, parents Michael Dinneen and Johanna McCarthy, sponsors Patrick Dinneen and Johanna Desmond.

Baptisms in same parish for possible siblings Margaret 1840, Jeremiah 1843, Ellen 1847 and Patrick 1850.

A 23 year old Ellen Dineen got married in Ballyvourney RC church in 1871, note her address and father's name:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1871/11340/8162409.pdf

A 30 year old Jeremiah Dinneen got married in Ballyvourney RC church in 1876, note his address and father's name:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1876/11164/8090080.pdf

Offline Kellehers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 03 September 18 23:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone ..some great leads for me too look into....I couldn't remember whether it was slievereagh or lisbulbeg that Eugene was from ..this is great though thanks again everyone