Author Topic: Mary Maclean burial record  (Read 676 times)

Offline Yorkyboyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Maclean burial record
« on: Sunday 02 September 18 17:04 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help please with a death/burial record of  a Mary Maclean (some records just show 'Clean). In 1851 she lived in Clarks Yard, Norton near Malton with husband William. Mary is shown as being 81 and William 82. in 1861 Mary is still shown at Clarks Yard now age 92 and widowed. I believe William was buried in May 1852 in Norton, but the only possibility I have found for Mary is J/F/M 1867, age 98, District of Pickering...which sounds a little strange. Can anyone help to confirm or rectify these dates and places please ?   Thanks     

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Maclean burial record
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 September 18 17:38 BST (UK) »
Is there any other match for that name/age on the 1861 in Pickering?   
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 September 18 18:29 BST (UK) »
the only possibility I have found for Mary is J/F/M 1867, age 98, District of Pickering...which sounds a little strange. Can anyone help to confirm or rectify these dates and places please ?   Thanks     

This Mary was buried at Allerston on 17th March. On the burial register her name is entered as McClenn.

A John and Sarah MacClean are living in Allerston in 1861. Might they be related to Mary?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Yorkyboyl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 September 18 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hello there,
  Thanks for the reply regarding the burial at Allerston, looks promising,....William and Mary did have a son John christened 1805, and he married a Sarah Robinson in 1829. I see in the 1861 census their ages are shown as 53 and 50, and I found them in 1851, also at Allerston, so it could well be that Mary lived there after William's death. I couldn't find John and Sarah in 1841 and I couldn't find any background to Sarah prior to her marriage, any chance you could help with those details, please ?
    Thanks again.