Author Topic: 1916 rising Dublin  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Diarmuidgannon1916

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1916 rising Dublin
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 01:24 BST (UK) »
Hi there
I am researching my family history during the 1916 rising my great grandfather Christopher jordan and his son James, where shot at there home at 5 grants row off lr mount street , on the 29th April 1916 the day of the surrender, they were both citizens army, that not the problem I have all there information, but on the same day I had another relative also shot dead close to sir Patrick Dunn,s hospital , I have traced the women that where shot dead on 29th April , Bridget Barry, Mary Anne Cole ,Mary Anne Corrigan, Elizabeth Moran, Mary Morris, Georgina Murphy, Margaret Naylor, Mary timmons, Kate Walsh , here my problem one of these women are Christopher jordan relation,  but these women may have be married at the time of there death , and some of there ages may have been guessed , I've found all death certs 1916 , all bar , one  Kate Walsh, I did find one Kate Walsh but it for the 22nd may 1916, so I am trying to connect one of these women to my family  the Jordan's, these women's births or census may hold different names  if married,
All help welcomed
Diarmuid
Any help or information

Offline Diarmuidgannon1916

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 13 September 18 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi there
I am researching my family history during the 1916 rising my great grandfather Christopher jordan and his son James, where shot at there home at 5 grants row off lr mount street , on the 29th April 1916 the day of the surrender, they were both citizens army, that not the problem I have all there information, but on the same day I had another relative also shot dead close to sir Patrick Dunn,s hospital , I have traced the women that where shot dead on 29th April , Bridget Barry, Mary Anne Cole ,Mary Anne Corrigan, Elizabeth Moran, Mary Morris, Georgina Murphy, Margaret Naylor, Mary timmons, Kate Walsh , here my problem one of these women are Christopher jordan relation,  but these women may have be married at the time of there death , and some of there ages may have been guessed , I've found all death certs 1916 , all bar , one  Kate Walsh, I did find one Kate Walsh but it for the 22nd may 1916, so I am trying to connect one of these women to my family  the Jordan's, these women's births or census may hold different names  if married,
All help welcomed
Diarmuid
Any help or information welcomed
Also any private information on cumann na mban drumcondra branch ie old photos or memories  , have all public information, as my great aunt Maggie Morrissey nee jordan was a member 1922 upwards

Offline Del_Yvonne

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 08 December 21 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Diarmaid,

I have just recently started a family tree. I am not used to these forums so hopefully, if you reply to this I will be able to find same. My wife's great-grandmother was Mary Timmons, thus the interest.

I'm not sure if I can be of assistance to you but maybe the information you may have at hand could be of help to me. My wife's family have some information on their great-grandmother but I'm sure there is much more out there.

Hope this reaches you.

Derek