Author Topic: Looking for John Grey/Gray information 136, East 60th Street, New York  (Read 1076 times)

Offline brynjon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for John Grey/Gray information 136, East 60th Street, New York
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 September 18 22:34 BST (UK) »
I take it that means you think Theresa Grey is unconnected and irrelevant.

On the contrary Erato - it just adds to the mix. I am just not aware of any Irish link with this branch of the Wood family, BUT that does not mean there is not a link.

Sadly I have no information other than the address and the name John Grey/Gray shown as a cousin on three separate Immigration records.

Many thanks - Bryn
WOOD - Sunderland descendants of Thomas WOOD Master Mariner - b1805 in Stockton and Jane HORNSBY.

CLARK - Forebears - my great grandparents George Alexander CLARK (Mariner) born app 1879 Aberdeen married Sunderland 1904 to Florence Colvet BRADLEY b abt 1882 in Australia
KNAPP (Mariners) - ex of Kent moving to Seaham.
APPLEBY - Seaham Harbour (Children of Great x 2 Uncle John (boat owner) inc. Sir Alfred Appleby moved away).

JONES - Seaham Harbour Great Grandfather Thomas Emrys JONES b1868

Offline brynjon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for John Grey/Gray information 136, East 60th Street, New York
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 October 18 11:17 BST (UK) »
RJ137 - With reference to the Egan family - I have found a niece Jeannie White HEWARD travelling as an Under-nurse to The Egan's. It looks like Sarah WOOD is already there.

The date of the arrival in NY was 30 April 1921 at Ellis Island when she was aged 16 travelling from the north east of England UK to Southampton in the south of the UK to take the vessel Acquitania to New York.

In my mind these are mighty women of their time travelling, from what was a colliery and shipbuilding community, alone.

WOOD - Sunderland descendants of Thomas WOOD Master Mariner - b1805 in Stockton and Jane HORNSBY.

CLARK - Forebears - my great grandparents George Alexander CLARK (Mariner) born app 1879 Aberdeen married Sunderland 1904 to Florence Colvet BRADLEY b abt 1882 in Australia
KNAPP (Mariners) - ex of Kent moving to Seaham.
APPLEBY - Seaham Harbour (Children of Great x 2 Uncle John (boat owner) inc. Sir Alfred Appleby moved away).

JONES - Seaham Harbour Great Grandfather Thomas Emrys JONES b1868