Author Topic: Catherine Urquart Macleod (Macloud) MBE  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Urquart Macleod (Macloud) MBE
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 11:14 BST (UK) »
Angus McLeod and Florence Ross, originally of Assynt
Is that Assynt, as in the parish in west Sutherland, or Assynt, as in Assynt House near Evanton in Easter Ross?

Rev. Alex MacLeod (E.C) was on the school board.  Was he related?
Rev Alexander Macleod, minister of Logie Easter from 1870 to 1920, was the son of Roderick Macleod and Catherine Macdonald. He was born at Gildermory, Alness, in 1829.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 14:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry Monica I never got back to you No I didn't find out any more about Catherine MacLeod MBE
I've not paid into Ancestry for a long time .I keep saying I'm not going to pay anymore to S/P as well but I do

Sildeag there's a lovey headstone for the MacLeod's  have you seen it on Findagrave

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Sildeag

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 May 22 01:45 BST (UK) »
I am not a relative, sorry.  I am just interested in McLeods of Easter Ross (meaning Ross-shire).  My direct ancestors are from there.

Aspin.  Thank you for the missing child's info.  Also, Forfarian, thank you for Rev Alexander McLeod info.