Author Topic: Autograph Book From1928 Croydon P.S NSW  (Read 496 times)

Offline tom mix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Autograph Book From1928 Croydon P.S NSW
« on: Sunday 09 September 18 11:09 BST (UK) »
I assume all these people are deceased as they would have been born circa 1900.

I have resurrected an autograph book given to Elma Ruby Dent, teacher, on her transfer from Croydon Gardeners Road School, NSW 23 rd Jan 1928.

I contains various verses of friendship in original handwriting. I list the authors in the hope that they may be recognised, and I can forward a copy of the original to their family.
All at the school in 1928.

Rose Dyson     Jeanne Halse.    Mary Dandy ?     Elsie M.Byrne.    Jean Wright.    Olive Lamble
Hazel Rose.    Phyllis Henderson.    Essalie C. Branson.    Betty Barnes.    Maisie Zions ?     
Dorothy Ryder.    Phyllis Ralph.    Kathleen Hall.    Adele Lawrence.    Joyce Martin
Muriel Warren.    Bonnie Sadler     

Two more names but with no verse ,  Gwen Iddles. & Edna Brown

These could be maiden or married names.

Alan
Donougher, Bawden, Cahill, Mahon(e)y, Williams,
Kirby, Woods, Faherty

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Autograph Book From1928 Croydon P.S NSW
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 02:20 BST (UK) »
I have resurrected an autograph book given to Elma Ruby Dent, teacher, on her transfer from Croydon Gardeners Road School, NSW 23 rd Jan 1928......

The 1930 NSW electoral Roll for  BOTANY,  polling at Maroubra, lists Elma Ruby DENT, Kenleith, Torrington Road, a teacher.   Also lists Ethel DENT, Kentleith, Torrington Road, Teacher.  (I think it fair to assume that Kenleith and Kentleith would be the same home, likely a printer’s typo).

Google found the following submitted tree
https://www.theblacketts.com/tree/family.php?famid=F8585&ged=maintree

Perhaps you could consider contacting the tree owner/manager to see if they are interested in the autograph book...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline tom mix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Autograph Book From1928 Croydon P.S NSW
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 23:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your interest.

On the Blackett Family Tree, Florence Gertrude Dent was to become my wife's grandmother. When her husband died at an early age, she and her sister, Elma, shared the house in Torrington Road, Maroubra.

My wife, a country girl,  boarded with them while attending school in Randwick.

As suggested, I will try to contact the Tree Owner.

Alan

Donougher, Bawden, Cahill, Mahon(e)y, Williams,
Kirby, Woods, Faherty