Author Topic: Elizabeth RENWICK  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth RENWICK
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 11:57 BST (UK) »
Did John and Elizabeth go to NZ?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth RENWICK
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 21:43 BST (UK) »
Did John and Elizabeth go to NZ?

Jamjar

As far as I know NO. I have had a go at trying to find them here. It seems like they were a ghost family. I definitely think originally John and Elizabeth went to Australia because of a better life and the goldfields were a good start. As I said in my earlier message I was told by family "rumours" that four of the children went to NZ and four stayed in Australia. I only found James because he was the father of Hubert McGovern who was born here in NZ and was the grandfather of my son in law who is a McGovern. I have done alright here in NZ re the family but the further I get back the harder it is  lol but that's genealogy and I love it.Another "family rumour" is that the sister of my son in law went back to Ireland and found some graves in Tipperary (Cork) and again I cant find anything on McGoverns in Tipperary. And again another rumour is that James was born at sea which if it was over half way don't the babies get registered as being born in the country they are going to. It has been suggested that maybe he wasn't even registered at all, but even if that is true surely there would still be info somewhere on his parents being in Australia. ??? ??? ???

Popsit
Be good to your Mum