Author Topic: David Thomson  (Read 14430 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Thomson
« Reply #171 on: Friday 12 October 18 08:49 BST (UK) »
As soon as I have had a chance to sit down with my friend and go through all what everyone has provided. Hoping it will jog her memory and I come back with something. I do not know long it will take. But will be back with updates.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:03 GMT (UK) »
Stumbled across this Annie in 1901 living 22 Heaton Road Byker

John G Reed 46 travelling draper
Annie T Reed 38 born Newton on the Moor Northumberland
with children all born Newcastle
John T Reed 16
Tom G Reed 15
Annie R Reed 11
Arthur Reed 7
Constance M Reed 5
Gainsford Reed 3
Hector C Reed 1
Margaret Hockham 21 servant

Checked births for a couple of the children and mothers maiden name is Thompson so I wondered if this was our Annie it would make sense for her to put Reed as maiden name for the Thomson boys to differ the names.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Death for husband John Gustard Reed travelling draper, same address, 22 April 1903 probate 30 June to Joanna Reed widow.

Is that Joanna meaning Annie or someone else.

Death for Annie Reed widow 4 April 1925 8 King Edwards Road Heaton probate to Thomas Gustard Reed tailor.

Marriage Jun 1883 Newcastle
Annie Thompson
John Gustard Reed

Family tree has the marriage 27 Jun at
Prudhoe Street Chapel Newcastle should it be of use
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Monday 29 October 18 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karytay,

I was at the archives again recently so here is another marriage for your friend - this is for David's half sister:

St Michael, Byker
Entry 240
May 31at 1909
Lewis Montgomery Bryden & Eleanor Thomson
His age: 29. Her age: 22
Blacksmith
Bachelor & Spinster
His residence: (G--? Street?)
Her residence: Thornborough Street
Fathers: Samuel Bryden - Foreman Blacksmith
Cecil Abbott Thomson - Labourer
By Banns
Witnesses: William Lewis Taylor & Jessie Burns

There has been so much work having gone into this thread by several RootsChatters.  I wish Tyne and Wear Archives had the St Lawrence records as if they had I think I would be checking there to see if David and Nina got married there.  If possible it would be nice to be able to see this one through since so much time and effort has been invested in this already.  Is it possible for anyone out there to check the St Lawrence records to see if David and Nina married there?  If not, I think it might be time to call it a day and just leave it up to Karytay's friend to sort out getting the certificate one day - regarding David's marriage.

Even though this is not my thread, thank you to everyone for your imput.  It is always nice to see the lengths RootsChatters will go to to try to help others.  Thanks especially to Milliepede for this new potential lead.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Monday 29 October 18 12:06 GMT (UK) »

There has been so much work having gone into this thread by several RootsChatters.  I wish Tyne and Wear Archives had the St Lawrence records as if they had I think I would be checking there to see if David and Nina got married there.  If possible it would be nice to be able to see this one through since so much time and effort has been invested in this already.  Is it possible for anyone out there to check the St Lawrence records to see if David and Nina married there?  If not, I think it might be time to call it a day and just leave it up to Karytay's friend to sort out getting the certificate one day - regarding David's marriage.

The certificate was going to be ordered on the 9th October  :-\
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=800305.msg6594721#msg6594721
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 07:03 GMT (UK) »
I must say thank you to you all for all your hard work in helping me with this family. I am sorry it is taking so long to come up with the certificate that will finally tell us all that you all are on the right path. What can I say, except that my friend is a very busy woman. Hope she gets it before Christmas this year !

Thanks again
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for putting us in the picture with this one Karytay ..

Personally, I am not holding out any more hope at all that your friend will be looking to get the certificate this Christmas or perhaps any Christmas ..

An awful lot of work has gone into this thread but I tend to have the impression that your friend might just be more than happy to let this one sail off into the sunset. 

Oh well, I think this is just one to chalk up to experience and to cut our losses and move on.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline WolfieSmith

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 13:26 GMT (UK) »
I'll chip in one more potential Annie Reed. I wrote it down so I might as well type it up. At Addison Road, Heaton in 1901. Addison Road joined onto Shields Road Byker from the north, three streets away from Robinson Steet, where Cecil Abbot Thomson was living. Robinson Street joined onto Shields Road from the south.

1901 census, 83 & 85 Addison Road, Heaton.
Annie Reed, 25, Visitor, Single, Dress Maker, b.Bedlington.
RG13/4793/33/57

This Annie is with her mother and step father, James and Isabella Avery, in 1891. As Ann Avery, age 16, at Killingworth Colliery. In 1911 she is back with her parents as Ann Reed, Single, 35, Dressmaker. In 1881 she is Ann Reed Avery, age 5. She has 3 sisters who all have mothers maiden name Reed on the GRO.

Alan.
Northumberland - Smith, Willis,
Durham - Rogerson, Child
Cumberland - Irving, Hill
North Yorkshire - Layfield,
Ireland - Collins

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Yes, you might as well Wolfie ...  ;D ;)

I think there should be a 'Genealogists' Anonymous' group somewhere for people who just can't give up ..

I know I for one, would qualify ..  ;D ;D ;D

I hope you see the funny side of this and are not offended ..

I do admire your tenacity, really ..  :)