Author Topic: David Thomson  (Read 14378 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Thomson
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 16:08 GMT (UK) »
But where did she die Wolfie ..?

No, don't tell me ..!!

Must resist!! Must resist!! ;D ;)

Amazing how many Annie Reed 's there seem to be and most of them seemed to live in Byker and near Cecil! ;D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline WolfieSmith

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday 31 October 18 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi RTL

I'm definitely not offended, I just don't like for us to be beaten. I will probably keep dipping back in if I see anything positive regarding Annie Reed. I don't think there can be any doubt that Cecil Abbot is David Thomsons father, but Annie Reed appears from nowhere then disappears.  I like problems like that.

Alan
Northumberland - Smith, Willis,
Durham - Rogerson, Child
Cumberland - Irving, Hill
North Yorkshire - Layfield,
Ireland - Collins

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Friday 02 November 18 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wolfie,

I think you might be right and perhaps we should not be beaten on this one.
I agree with you in thinking that there is little doubt that Cecil Abbott Thomson is David's Father.
I think I was just feeling a little disappointed that it was starting to feel to me like we RootsChatters (including Karytay) were more interested in this thread than Karytay's friend.  This was because of little feedback from friend  on finds/leads and what with the goal posts seemingly keep shifting regarding the certificate due to friend being too busy. 
However, I concede it may be hard to get a true impression of what is going on when we are only communicating on-line.   Milliepede found the birth information for Cecil and David.  Personally, I would have been delighted by this but there doesn't appear to be any feed back on this.  Perhaps Karytay may not have told her friend about this yet though and this is why no acknowledgement has been conveyed by friend as yet?  It might not be a lack of interest on own thread?

Wolfie, I am as intrigued as you are as to why Annie is there and then disappears.  I also would like to know why they did not marry in a time when this would have been expected (parents of two children).  I wonder if she was married to someone else or if her family did not approve of Cecil, or perhaps or vice versa.

I am also like you and some others on here that like this kind of a challenge. :)

When I am finished my run of nightshifts and brain more in gear (when less tired) I will have a good look at the leads you and Milliepede have presented and see what I might be able to check out at my end.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Friday 02 November 18 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, I spoke to my friend once again, she is exhausted. One of the woman that works for her is leaving for Australia. So now she is short staffed with others been sick or fired. So now she is doing the work of the others as well as her own and still trying to do the admin. As a government approved facility she has to write up reports for them on top of everything else.

I will be seeing her this weekend to discus making Christmas pageant costumes, the children are going to put on a show for their parents.  I asked her please let us order the certificate quickly before starting anything else. 

Lets hope it will finally be done.   

And she thanks you all for your hard work. But cannot add any more info to what we already have.

Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Lisle66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Thursday 08 November 18 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I came across these posts by chance.   The nina Patterson you are talking about is my great aunt.   Mabel,  her sister,  was my Nana.   Harry and David are my mams cousins.   I am not sure who is after this info and their relationship to Nina but I am sure my man can help answer many of your questions?  Happy to help.   

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Friday 09 November 18 06:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisle sent you a PM
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline Lisle66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Friday 09 November 18 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi karen

I will speak to my man today and get back to you. 

Michelle

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Friday 09 November 18 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Michelle

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Friday 09 November 18 10:18 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat Lisle66 :)

There are a lot of folk who have helped and are following this thread, please keep us updated to how you are getting on.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk