Author Topic: Burial record addition. Latin?  (Read 530 times)

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Burial record addition. Latin?
« on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:10 BST (UK) »
A comment has been added to this record but I can't read it. It may be in Latin.

Can anybody help?

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial record addition. Latin?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:12 BST (UK) »
Possibly Coroner's certificate?
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:17 BST (UK) »

That could be it Cristeen. Thank You.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
Was just going to say that it looks like coroners certificate and see that cristeen's said that too.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 12:14 BST (UK) »

Thanks again Cristeen and Gadget.  I assumed that is what it said but I wanted to make sure.

Moses was killed in a Pit accident and his death certificate says he died 24-7-1879 aged

33 years. An inquest was held 28-7-1879 and he was buried 28-7 -1879 aged 35 years.

( they didn't hang about did they)   His actual age was about 34 years 9 months.

Doesn't take much to confuse me ;D ;D ;D ;D so I assume that someone misread the

age on the original certificate when they sent me a typed copy.  Thanks again.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 13:09 BST (UK) »
There is a similar entry in the burial records for my miner 3xgreat granddad, Tomkin. He was only 25. I've not found a baptism entry so not sure of his actual birth date. When he married in April 1820, he was a minor.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 18:47 BST (UK) »
One of mine drowned and an inquest was held. He drowned on the Sunday and was buried on the Tuesday. The death cert was issued a few months later and stated his age 50-60 years, not much help at all!
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 13 September 18 01:05 BST (UK) »

According to the death certificate , Moses was killed from injuries received whilst pushing

a jummer along a road in Coal Pit. Jummer is another name for a tub in Nth. staffs.

Why it's called a jummer beats me and a man who repaired tubs was called a

jummer thumper.