Author Topic: Giani Family  (Read 3200 times)

Offline pyghtle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Giani Family
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 12 September 18 18:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Jennifer, I do know all about Evelyn Alberta Watson but there are things in her life that I would like to know more about and I thought the only answers could come from the children of Evelyn, my Mother was Caroline Russell, that is the link.

Thank you. Brenda
Tebbs... Leicester, Gainsborough, Lincoln, Hunslet,Harehills, Leeds
Daniel....Hyde Park Leeds, Paddington London
Russell...Harehills, Leeds
Hope ..Harehills (Leeds)
Coop..Leicester, Birmingham
Payne..Leicester, Blackpool

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 13 September 18 02:33 BST (UK) »
Evelyn Alberta Giani's death is also registered in the name of Grant??

Not being able to find John Giani's death, nor anything other than the births of their 2 sons, I looked under Grant for all 3 and found:

John Grant born 24/2/1920 (which would tie in with a birth reg'd March quarter 1920) died Aug.1996 Bournemouth.   Did the family change their name to Grant perhaps?

The eldest son could be the one who married as Grant in June 1981 Bristol (although their was a birth in this name in Bristol in 1956 so possibly that person, and the younger son in June 1980 Bristol (no Grant with name of the younger son born in Bristol).

Don't know if this is a possible scenario for sure because Grant is a common surname but there seems too many coincidences not to mention it i.e. a John Grant with a birthdate matching that of John Giani dying in Bournemouth 1986 (where John Giani married and had 2 children) and two Grants with same Christian names of the 2 Giani sons marrying and from UK electoral rolls still living in Bristol, and Evelyn Alberta Grant/Giani dying in the area in 2000 -  she died 4/1/2000, Probate granted 8/2/2000 at Bristol.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pyghtle

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 13 September 18 13:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that, sorry for the delay in answering, only just logged on. It must be more than a coincidence, I am looking forward to following that up. I thought I had hit the jack pot when the name Giani appeared, surely an easy name to research....how wrong! I do know that names get mis spelt in the transcriptions, I have come across this before and in the name Giani it only needs the two i’s to be wrongly transcribed, although not sure if mistakes are possible on electoral rolls.

Thank you again, excellent detective work!

Brenda

Tebbs... Leicester, Gainsborough, Lincoln, Hunslet,Harehills, Leeds
Daniel....Hyde Park Leeds, Paddington London
Russell...Harehills, Leeds
Hope ..Harehills (Leeds)
Coop..Leicester, Birmingham
Payne..Leicester, Blackpool