Author Topic: Henry HULSE & Elizabeth GARNER - what became of Henry  (Read 606 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry HULSE & Elizabeth GARNER - what became of Henry
« on: Friday 14 September 18 13:35 BST (UK) »
Henry HULSE from Belgrave & Elizabeth GARNER b abt 1781 from Thrussington were married 01 Jun 1801 in Thrussington.

I have located two children;
Henry bap 1802
Mary b abt 1809 [not located her baptism as yet]

Elizabeth is living with her daughter Mary in 1841 census at On the Hill, Walton on the Wolds, Barrow upon Soar, Leicestershire.  No Henry in sight.  Elizabeth & Mary are also together in the 1851 census at Cottage, Walton, Walton on the Woulds, Barrow upon Soar, Leicestershire.  Elizabeth is noted as a widow. 

Elizabeth is buried 09 Apr 1851 Walton on the Wolds but where is Henry?

I have been unable to locate his baptism either so not sure of his approx date of birth.

Slim pickings unfortunately.

Westy

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry HULSE & Elizabeth GARNER - what became of Henry
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 September 18 13:53 BST (UK) »
There is a burial for a Henry Hulse in Walton on the Wolds 5 February 1837 aged 62, which gives a birth year of 1775.

I can see two possible baptisms

15 June 1774 son of Henry and Jane in Thurcaston which is about 6 miles south of Walton

14 December 1774 son of Thomas in Ashby Folville, about 9 miles south east of Walton.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry HULSE & Elizabeth GARNER - what became of Henry
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 September 18 05:36 BST (UK) »
Hello emeltom,

Thanks so much. Perhaps its coincidence that Henry & Elizabeth's child Henry was baptised in Thurcaston?  Is this a strong indicator that Elizabeth's husband Henry's parents are Henry and Jane in Thurcaston.

Warm regards,

Westy