Author Topic: Newcastle Library - Evening Chronicle Look Up  (Read 787 times)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newcastle Library - Evening Chronicle Look Up
« on: Friday 14 September 18 21:28 BST (UK) »
This year is on the BNA, but the scanning is so dire I can only really make out the surname in the death announcements. Am hoping that the microfilm is at least readable if anyone has the time to look and is prepared to squint a bit. No rush, its waited  64 years and it can wait a bit longer :-)

Newcastle Evening Chronicle
20th September 1954  Page 16, column 2

SINCLAIR, Gateshead, 99 Queen Street
which is definitely the right address for the lady I am looking for, but after that its impossible to make out on the BNA :-(

I believe this is a death notification for Emily Jane (known as Jennie) Sinclair, wife of John who died 17th September 1954 and is most likely buried at Saltwell Cemetery, Gateshead.

If the microfilm is clearer than this scan I'd be really grateful for the details.

I do have the In Memoriam notices after that, so its just the death notice I'd like.

Thanks

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle Library - Evening Chronicle Look Up
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 September 18 09:53 BST (UK) »
If no one beats me to this Boo, I think I will be able to look this up for you at some point within next two weeks.. fitting in with work and family commitments ..  Wish I could do this for you today by I am just about to start 12 hour shift.

I will get a big lens if I have to .. and hopefully should get this.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 September 18 10:13 BST (UK) »
Just whenever is fine.
No rush at all and, though I would like to know what it says,  its not vital.

thanks

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 September 18 17:18 BST (UK) »
I can see it fine with the lens I have so no need for me to find staff to get a bigger one.. ;D ;D

'SINCLAIR.  Gateshead, 99 Queen Street. Sept. 17, aged 50 years, Emily Jane, beloved wife of John Sinclair.  Interment Saltwell Cemetery, Tuesday 2.0 p m. leaving residence 1.45 p.m.  Friends and neighbours please meet at cemetery.'
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 September 18 17:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you RTL, your help is much appreciated.

I do wish they'd scanned this stuff properly for the online database :-(

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 September 18 17:33 BST (UK) »
You are welcome Boo!  The print had just a mere hint blurring but I could make out the words just fine. 

Quite a nice surprise as I expected to have a challenge on my hands and was prepared to go chasing after staff saying "Give me the biggest lens that you have got!" ;D