Author Topic: North Wingfield Cemeteries Derbys.  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Lueda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
North Wingfield Cemeteries Derbys.
« on: Saturday 15 September 18 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
For some time I have been searching for the graves of my great great grandparents. They were Sarah BRAMLEY (nee Heath ) and William BRAMLEY. They both were living in Mansfield and both died there, Sarah in 1871 aged 66, and William in 1881 aged 80. Mansfield Cemetery have checked and rechecked their registers, but cannot find any record of them. I have looked at microfiche for several parishes nearby, but without success.
The other day I found an internet record saying that Sarah was buried in January 1871 at North Wingfield. No similar information was found for William, but his father George was christened at South Wingfield in May 1770. Could there be some family tie up to Wingfield area?   I know that not all information recorded on websites is totally accurate, but any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.   

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: North Wingfield Cemeteries Derbys.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 September 18 01:19 BST (UK) »
Burial
1st January 1871
North Wingfield
Sarah Bramley aged 60
b 1811
Abode Tupton
Image on Ancestry
I fast forwarded through the images in case it was mistranscribed but no William in 1881

Offline Lueda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 September 18 17:52 BST (UK) »
I am very grateful for your help and  prompt reply to my query.
Unfortunately it is not my Sarah Bramley.
My Sarah was 66 when she died on 11 Jan. 1871., and lived in Mansfield.

Sadly another case of incorrect information being added to a website.

Thanks again.

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 September 18 23:43 BST (UK) »
Could they have been members of a non-conformist chapel with a small graveyard?  A friend asked me to help with her tree - I found the people she had lost were buried in a long closed baptist chapel, and were now under a substantial amount of concrete, with second hand cars on top.  The local family history centre hopefully might come up with records for chapels in the Mansfield area with graveyards.
Derby Girl
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)

Offline Lueda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 September 18 18:48 BST (UK) »
thank you for that suggestion. I will look into it. Really struggling to find them.
? Do Parish Registers include a comment on where buried?  Thanks again

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 September 18 22:48 BST (UK) »
Parish registers will tell you about the funeral service, but I take it not necessarily where the deceased was buried.  But the church will have a list of its burials.  The Mansfield RC church had its graveyard open until 1906, so if Catholic they might well be buried there.  The CofE churches, if they had a graveyard, then by the 1870s some might be full, hence council run cemeteries.  So, I can only suggest you work through all the possibilities one by one and tick them off. Incidentally, you might find it a good idea to post this on the Notts board to see if anyone there has any ideas.
Good hunting
Derby Girl
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 September 18 23:25 BST (UK) »
I Would be very careful about rejecting the Burial in North Wingfield of SARAH BRAMLEY..yoor correspondent gave you a burial at North Wingfield 01.01.1871  with an age that you say is not right...I don't know where this info came from.. but i can tell you that the ORIGINAL Parish entry for the said burial in 1871 is correct..but does not give an age. i am as we speak looking at any link with South Wingfield..H ave you found a birtth for Sarah Heath in 1805??? There are several ways of skinning a rabbit!! will get back to you..Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 17 September 18 23:42 BST (UK) »
Most of your background is in Nottingham shire not Derbyshire..Sarah Heath appears (??) to have been born in Papplewick Notts...a few miles from mansfield ..in 1805..although various notoriously inaccurate Censuses give her birth da anyhwere between 1805 and 1811.......assuming to 1805 to be right then sh probably married William Bramley 05.05.1828 at Skegby (by Mansfield)....and had at least four children.....have you got their childrens names???  and was William a FWK?
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 17 September 18 23:52 BST (UK) »
I am veering away from the North Wingfield Burial..purely on the basis that i have concrete evidence of a death registered on 11.01 1871 at Sutton in Ashfield..which was a registration district and gives no indication where the burial took place.or when....still could have taken place at NW..I can't see any reason why,because as I indicated earlier this is Nottinghamshire History.with no mention of Derbyshire..Sarah was baptised at Papplewick 05.02.1805..and spent her life in the North Notts area of Papplewick.Skegby..Sutton in Ashfield and Mansfield...all these places on the A60 out of Nottingham (or close by!!)..............by the way it seems she had as many as eight children..........Good luck