Author Topic: North Wingfield Cemeteries Derbys.  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: North Wingfield Cemeteries Derbys.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 00:06 BST (UK) »
Try this for size..on of your contributors suggested a Non-conformist possibility....WILLIAM BRAMLEY.."born 05.07.1809 son of William and his wife Ann,,baptised by me John Bull 13.07.1809"..Mansfied old Meeting House (Presbyterian)...............actually possibly 12 children..the first of which was illegitimate!! oh Joy!!!
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 00:13 BST (UK) »
Please forgive me if I have misunderstood but the information about the 1871 burial is from an image on Ancestry, as stated, and clearly shows an age of 60. All entries have an age on death.

Derbyshire, England, Church of England Burials 1813-1991
North Wingfield 1813-1895
Page 154
Burials in the Parish of North Wingfield in the County of Derby in the year 1870
Last entry on the page No. 1232

Scrolling back to the cover of the register, it states Burials 21st February 1851-7th February 1875

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 11:43 BST (UK) »
HiComberton..I was not suggesting you were wrong about the 1871 burial....as I have said, i think it still possible.....aged 66..and aged 60.can easily be misread in 19th century scribbles!..there is a raher clumsy Bramley Tree on Ancestry that appears to combine two totally separate families..the william and Sarah Bramley on the 1871 Census are clear was dead and buried. I don't like the abode Tupton..which is Chesterfield derbys close to North Wingfield..when i know that the family were in Mansfield...There is no Death Registration for Sarah Bramley in 1871 in Derbyshire..........whereas there is at Sutton in Ashfield in Notts.near Mansfield!........so why bury her in North Wingfield?..would be handy if Lueda came back to the Thread and gave us something else to go on..which of the two William and sarah's are we looking for?????????
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 12:21 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping that we might get some confirmation that RICHARD BRAMLEY son of William Bramley and Sarah (nee Heath) baptised 05.10.1828 (only five months after the wedding on 05.05.1828)..Both events at Skegby by Mansfield..and who married hannah hudson and later moved to Brimington near Chesterfield....is the son of the actual William Bramley we are looking for????.....and it would help if you substantiated the parentage of William (father George 1770 South Wingfield??...the baptism exists ok)...but appears more likely to be William at Mansfield

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Derek, thanks for the clarification.
There is a death for a Sarah Bramley
b 1810 age 60
December 1870 Chesterfield
This fits the 1871 burial and I think she was the Sarah married 1847 to James and living in Tupton in 1851/1861,she was born 1811/1816.
There is a death for James born 1788 died 1867 and a burial in North Wingfield abode Tupton.
1841 James is with first wife also Sarah.
Neither seem to be on the 1871 so likely to be their burials.
Still doesn't find the original Sarah

Offline Lueda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hi again,
firstly thank you all very much indeed for your efforts on this.
I have looked at the Sarah from Tupton, and would agree that this burial is not my Sarah from Mansfield.
I have found information that my Sarah died on the 11.1 1871, living at Rock Valley Mansfield, aged 66. William Bramley died 17.7.1881, living at Barton Court Mansfield, aged 80.
I did find a birth for Sarah (nee Heath) on 17.2 1805 at Papplewick. Although there is some doubt on her parents, John Heath and Mary Ward, or Ann Heath. She did marry William Bramley on 5.5.1828 at Skegby, and the 6 children I have are:- Richard 1828, Mary 1832, Sarah 1835, William 1837, Rose Hannah 1844, and Fergus O'Connor Bramley 1841. William Bramley senior was a FWK.
Their eldest Richard did move to Brimington.I believe William was born in 1801, the youngest of 7 children of George ( SOUTH Wingfield 1770 ) and Mary Bramley ( nee Hall). I have a Census of 1871 showing William still living at Rock Valley Mansfield.
I am sorry that this has turned out to be the wrong Sarah, but after many hours searching, to then find this website record giving b. 1805 Papplewick, m. William Bramley, d. Jan 1871, and buried North Wingfield, I thought I had eventually found her, also as George was born in South Wingfield. Many thanks again for all your searching. One day all will be revealed.