Author Topic: Edwin Arnold/Elizabeth mERCHANT  (Read 3721 times)

Offline serra

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin Arnold/Elizabeth mERCHANT
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 10 November 18 08:13 GMT (UK) »
Hey, sorry for the delay in replying. I ordered a death certificate for Edwin. It stated place of death as being Medway River. There was a coroners report done but despite Kent archives searching for It, it has not been found. I sadly suspect that this may have been a suicide. Things in life was not great for him at the timevwith his marriage and children. I’m looking for newspaper reports at the moment as they would document coroner findings. I’ve just been pretty busy with work. Still the search goes on. I would live to hear a little about Arthur. Do you have a photo maybe, as I love to put a name to a face. Kind regards Sarah

Offline susieb117

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin Arnold/Elizabeth mERCHANT
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 17:58 BST (UK) »
Edwin Arnold and Elizabeth Marchant are I believe my paternal great grandparents.  My granddfather was William Edward George Arnold, born I believe 1897/8.  He was one of many children of the union, and most of his siblings were placed with Barnados and subsequently sent to Canada.  My grandfather remained in Chatham, Kent and married my grandmother Lily Lydia Arnold (maiden name) on 5 August 1920. They had 13 children, 9 surviving into adulthood.
Do you have any further information relating to the death of Edwin Arnold, who I am told by family died in the River Medway or any further information relating to Elizabeth Marchant?